• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hellwig Sway Bars/Krawlers Edge - Updated!

OP
OP
KrawlersEdge

KrawlersEdge

Loc.
Louisville, TN
Thanks

Hey, guys thanks for all the inquires and orders. Prices are still current on the first page. I also can be reached at 865-297-3478 for tech questions

Last edited:

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
pics of my install

Here are some pics of my front install. Had to make lower mounts and extend the links to work with my set up. I modified a few things. Worked out perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0284.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_0287.jpg
    IMG_0287.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 340

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Gotta ask, how do you NOT hit the bar when turning OR do you have the strg stops set so you lose a couple feet of turning radius when running the swap bar in this position?

I'd be interested in running this anti-sway bar but I spent serious coin and some time getting my turning radius back so I could negotiate tight PNW trails and losing this would be a serious compromise!

Am I one of the few that don't care to lose turning radius if/when running this style of anti-sway bar?

Thoughts?

Bknaus

Loc.
Visalia, CA
Gotta ask, how do you NOT hit the bar when turning OR do you have the strg stops set so you lose a couple feet of turning radius when running the swap bar in this position?

I'd be interested in running this anti-sway bar but I spent serious coin and some time getting my turning radius back so I could negotiate tight PNW trails and losing this would be a serious compromise!

Am I one of the few that don't care to lose turning radius if/when running this style of anti-sway bar?

Thoughts?

On our '68 with 33" tires it did not affect turning radius at all with stock steering and stock steering stops. We had a few inches clearance still at full lock. We flexed the truck on the RTI ramp and turned and still did not rub. I am pretty sure the Krawler's Edge installation did not have any rubbing either.

Maybe Gravy and Krawler's Edge can chime in on whether they have any steering interferences?

nvrstuk

Contributor
I'd appreciate any/all feedback. Been following the thread, product looks good...

My 37"s on stock backspaced 10" rims with custom made (Cage style arms) allows great turning radius as my stops (actually the hyd assist ram) is set to bottom out as my tire hits the arm and upon suspension movement will actually touch the nut on my sector shaft.

Ideas or comments?

thanks

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
On our '68 with 33" tires it did not affect turning radius at all with stock steering and stock steering stops. We had a few inches clearance still at full lock. We flexed the truck on the RTI ramp and turned and still did not rub. I am pretty sure the Krawler's Edge installation did not have any rubbing either.

Maybe Gravy and Krawler's Edge can chime in on whether they have any steering interferences?

The only time the pitman arm comes close is turned left to lock and suspension drooping. This bar will be connected on road only for me so this is not an issue. If you need more clearance you can mount the bar slighty further forward on the frame so the bend up will start further forward.

OP
OP
KrawlersEdge

KrawlersEdge

Loc.
Louisville, TN

When we installed the Front Sway Bar with disconnect, we didn't not have any rubbing at full lock, either way.

OP
OP
KrawlersEdge

KrawlersEdge

Loc.
Louisville, TN
The Stock to 2.5" lift sway bars are here!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Stock to 2.5" Lift Sway Bars are now available for the Front and Rear. Check out the first page to see pricing for all the sway bars. Give me a call I would be more that happy to answer any questions you may have @ 865-297-3478 Thomas

nvrstuk

Contributor
Maybe i can send you a pic or something... I'd like to try this out but at full right turn my tire is within 1" of the box sitting on my shop floor. Start compressing the springs and it get's closer because of the inherent design of the suspension.

Turning radius in the PNW is critical...we have trees here, lot's of 'em. ;)

Shoot me a pm and I'll send you a pic.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
Just wanted to let everyone know that the Stock to 2.5" Lift Sway Bars are now available for the Front and Rear. Check out the first page to see pricing for all the sway bars. Give me a call I would be more that happy to answer any questions you may have @ 865-297-3478 Thomas

Cool. Getting ready to order.

I have a 2.5" lift, but may go higher in the future. Is this a situation where I can simply buy the longer links later if I decide to go higher? Is that the only difference or is there a difference in the bar itself?

OP
OP
KrawlersEdge

KrawlersEdge

Loc.
Louisville, TN
Cool. Getting ready to order.

I have a 2.5" lift, but may go higher in the future. Is this a situation where I can simply buy the longer links later if I decide to go higher? Is that the only difference or is there a difference in the bar itself?

Sure you could buy the longer links at a later date no problem. The bar is the same.

OP
OP
KrawlersEdge

KrawlersEdge

Loc.
Louisville, TN
Sway Bars Spotted at MEB Round-Up

There were some Hellwig Sway Bars spotted this past weekend at the MEB Round-Up. Take a look there was one sway bar that was installed on a Heavily Modified Street/Trail Truck that had coilovers on all 4 corners. We also had a very happy Raffle Prize Winner at the Round-Up. Congratulation to Bruce Smith on winning the 3.5"-5.5" lift Sway Bar with Quick Disconnect links.

Attachments

• P6232449.jpg
    P6232449.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 210
  • P6232448.jpg
    P6232448.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 220
  • P6232446.jpg
    P6232446.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 238
  • P6232444.jpg
    P6232444.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 243
  • P6232443.jpg
    P6232443.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 252
  • P6232442.jpg
    P6232442.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 257
  • P6232441.jpg
    P6232441.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 270
  • P6232452.jpg
    P6232452.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 192

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
im bout to order this....really wanna know bout TRO(mine is a BC Bronco kit) duff lower coil buckets, JD arms, cage coils 3.5" lift