• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Good Mechanic - Central Texas

balex

Loc.
Fuquay-Varina, NC
Good morning,

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this sort of post, but I am looking for suggestions on the possibility of finding a good mechanic to work on my Bronco. I need to either rebuild my engine, or replace it and I do not have the time or tools to take on this task. My Bronco is located in Waco, but I would be willing to trailer it to a great place in or around pretty much any central Texas location.

If anyone by chance happens to know where Ted Nugent takes his, I would be happy to find that out. I have called several places around Waco and they haven't been much help.

So, lay it on me. And thanks in advance.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Check with BC Broncos in Kerrville. A bit far from you but they know Broncos in and out. They may know someone closer too.

jw0747

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
Are you a Lonestar Early Bronco Club (LEBC) member? We have many members in the Austin area (not me) and one or more will probably speak up. Check out our web site:

http://lebc.clubexpress.com/

We also have an on-going Google group site where postings/discussions are continuous but I think you need to be an LEBC member to access it.

We're having an annual Roundup in late April at K2 in Mason, Texas. Come out and join the fun.

All I know about Nugent is his Broncos were done by Jeff's Bronco Graveyard in Michigan. Know he lives near Crawford but don't know where regular work is done.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... Send me a pm & I'll give you a couple I'd recommend .
.. One's name is Berry . He worked for years in a major race engine shop . Building & assembling big 5 sec machines motors.
.. Where he worked they had all the machines balance & all. Even the Dino ..
..... Another shop closer to you than Berry but I've really not had any dealing with him but I saw a 64 Ford truck he did .. I've already called 2 people about what I saw .. I'm going to try & check him out farther in a few days.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... OK Guys I went to this shop yesterday & visited with them for about 20 minutes.
Wow big shop & & Wow some real work going on there.
..It's an every thing shop. .
... One of the frame offs there was $60,000.00 if that give you an idea that .. THIS AIN'T A TURD SHOP .. Yes very expensive. But he'll do anything from a total to a wiring harness.
... If any of you guys are interested in his shop..Contact me & I'll talk to you about them.
... It's a rather special shop.

Last edited: