• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Heavy duty roll bar clamps

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I have been looking at them for a couple days, I was ordering some of the 1.75" ones to make some seat belt mounts earlier today. I am curious to see what the quality is, I will post up when they arrive.

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I have been looking at them for a couple days, I was ordering some of the 1.75" ones to make some seat belt mounts earlier today. I am curious to see what the quality is, I will post up when they arrive.

I ordered the 2" version as well and i'll post up the results too!

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I got mine in the mail today. I would say that they are okay for the price, mine were $36 plus shipping for 2 complete clamps. The ones I got are for 1.75" tubing, they are 3/8 wall thickness. If I was going to use these for anything that needed a lot of force I would not pick these. I would look for some that were at least 1/2" wall thickness. There is not a lot of room for the bolts on the outside. Might not be an issue but in my mind they would be better if they were thicker. Just my observation from what I see.
Here are a few pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1554.jpg
    IMG_1554.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1555.jpg
    IMG_1555.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1556.jpg
    IMG_1556.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1557.jpg
    IMG_1557.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I got mine in the mail today. I would say that they are okay for the price, mine were $36 plus shipping for 2 complete clamps. The ones I got are for 1.75" tubing, they are 3/8 wall thickness. If I was going to use these for anything that needed a lot of force I would not pick these. I would look for some that were at least 1/2" wall thickness. There is not a lot of room for the bolts on the outside. Might not be an issue but in my mind they would be better if they were thicker. Just my observation from what I see.
Here are a few pics.

I havn't checked mine out yet, but I could see a few ways to improve them, one upgrading to longer stainless bolts and then add some nuts and weld them to the back side thicken it up a bit. the description on mine are 9 mm which is about 3/8"

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I agree with the mod you suggested. I was looking at a couple of places that had the 1/2' thick ones as well. At double the price I thought I would take a chance on the ones I bought. I think they will work just fine for my purpose, I just like to put the info out there in case someone else is looking for something beefier.
You definitely get what you pay for that is for sure!

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Im going to be using mine to hold my transfer seat hinge to the rollbar. I think I'm going to go with the beefier 1/2" wall to be on the safe side.

sideviewtransferseatPLANS.jpg

seatpan1PLANS.jpg