• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco values

rmk57

I just had a look at the Haggerty value guide and was pleasantly surprised at the values of these early Broncos. I have a couple of other collector cars that I have had for years and both of them have basically flat lined. I'm in no way in this hobby to make money, I just buy them because I like them and generally hang on to them for quite a while. The early Broncos just seem to keep climbing and climbing. Could be some hype from the 2020? coming out pushing up prices on the first gen's.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
They've been appreciating before the announcement of the 2020 imo. I think our early broncos will continue to increase in value whether the 2020 sucks or shines.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
I think our early broncos will continue to increase in value whether the 2020 sucks or shines.

I agree with this ^^ the new Challenger, Charger, Camaro etc none of them brought down the value of their predecessors, despite the fact they were ‘home Runs’...the new Bronco may be a ‘ground rule double’ at best ;D

pipeline010

Agree it's still climbing. I say this because there still aren't people that realize what the prices are yet...I think if they all knew the prices that would be more of a sign of flatlining (if that makes any sense).

guy last week actually came to my house, knocked on my door, and offered to buy my truck. i live in an extremely wealthy town these folks have lots of throwing around money. I told him I had no interest in selling but would take 25k cash minimum and walked him around all the positives and current negatives on the truck. he didn't laugh or comment on my price, but I do think it shocked him a bit.

he didn't say so but I got the feeling he thought we were gonna play in the 8-12k range. I told him to check some prices online and he'll get an idea of where these things are.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Agree it's still climbing. I say this because there still aren't people that realize what the prices are yet...I think if they all knew the prices that would be more of a sign of flatlining (if that makes any sense).

guy last week actually came to my house, knocked on my door, and offered to buy my truck. i live in an extremely wealthy town these folks have lots of throwing around money. I told him I had no interest in selling but would take 25k cash minimum and walked him around all the positives and current negatives on the truck. he didn't laugh or comment on my price, but I do think it shocked him a bit.

he didn't say so but I got the feeling he thought we were gonna play in the 8-12k range. I told him to check some prices online and he'll get an idea of where these things are.

... and then when he hotfoots it back with cash in hand you figure out that you are not up on prices either.

Hotrodjohn

They've been going up for several years and you can see it in the prices on ebay and the auctions. We are in a booming economy right now and a lot of seemingly crazy money being spent on Broncos and other old cars and trucks. Even with that,if you look at Broncos vs F100s, C10s, Scouts, FJs etc the Bronco clearly is way more valuable (for similar condition vehicle) and that makes you feel a little better about putting money in one.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I have been writing thru Hagerty for a while now and Broncos values have been on the rise like crazy! They dont even squawk when I quote values over $60K. Good condition they put at $32K now

Mikesimp70

$25k. You might be careful who you say that to unless you are serious about parting with your ride!!

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I have found the broncos with the most appreciation of value has been the original ones. That is the hot market now, resto mods and rock crawlers are pretty stable in value. But stock trucks the value has gone crazy!! I remember back in 2010 you could get a solid not filled with rust original truck for 10K easy, maybe even less. Now a stock uncut original bronco with no rust....$25K easy. It kind of sucks for me, I just enjoy working on the broncos and selling them I don't do it to make money but the way values have gone up I cant afford to do it anymore.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
They've been appreciating before the announcement of the 2020 imo. I think our early broncos will continue to increase in value whether the 2020 sucks or shines.

Yes sir they will for sure

CA Monkey

Loc.
Tracy
That is the hot market now, resto mods and rock crawlers are pretty stable in value. But stock trucks the value has gone crazy!!

I bought mine in great shape, matching numbers with all original everything (even carb with pull choke). I cut it up and built a rock crawler out of it dropping around 15K on it. I look back now and think... if I had dropped that 15K on keeping it original but making everything "like new", it would be worth 60K instead of 20K. Crazy!

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I bought mine in great shape, matching numbers with all original everything (even carb with pull choke). I cut it up and built a rock crawler out of it dropping around 15K on it. I look back now and think... if I had dropped that 15K on keeping it original but making everything "like new", it would be worth 60K instead of 20K. Crazy!

Yep exactly right in this market.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have found the broncos with the most appreciation of value has been the original ones. That is the hot market now, resto mods and rock crawlers are pretty stable in value. But stock trucks the value has gone crazy!! I remember back in 2010 you could get a solid not filled with rust original truck for 10K easy, maybe even less. Now a stock uncut original bronco with no rust....$25K easy. It kind of sucks for me, I just enjoy working on the broncos and selling them I don't do it to make money but the way values have gone up I cant afford to do it anymore.

Yep exactly right in this market.

It’s come full circle from ”gee you really haven’t done anything to it” to “wow, nothing’s been touched on this one”.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I have seen this same sort of discussion before about other things.
Make it the way you want vs make it the way buyers want it.

The conventional wisdom is to make it the way buyers want it so that you get the most out of it when you sell it.

But there are a couple of questions I keep having pop up in my mind:

If you made it the way you want it, would you want to sell it?

If you make it the way other people want instead of the way you want, will that make you dissatisfied with it and more likely to sell it?

pipeline010

I have zero interest in selling mine; took me 41 years to get it and I'm happy as hell to have it.

I'd love to keep it totally as stock as possible but, for me, it's kinda silly to do so. I want to drive it as much as possible, every single day if I can. That means making small adjustments.

I keep telling people my big restore, when it goes down, will involve about 20-30k and when I'm finished no one will notice a difference in the way it looks at all. That said, every piece of that will likely bring it from stock.

Don't care, want a safe(ish) reliable truck I can leave to my boys one day. Knowing it's worth a lot makes me happy simply because it means it'll stay rare.

matts460

You know in the late 90's old mustangs were in same boat, GT350/500 and boss 302's going for 40-60k out of the blue then after 2000 (thanks to Gone in 60?) bang 100k plus, then the muscle car boom in mid 2000's. Seems like Broncos and other old ORV's are headed down same track. Now that the dust has settled you cant even touch any year/option of pre 74 fastback stang without shelling out some coin. When Bronco's hit their peek and the dust settles wonder what the prices and what options will be on top. 76-77? roadsters?, half cab? Baja? uncut? color options? Ranger? Sport? Explorer?Special décor???? Is it safe to say that Baja is like the GT500 of Bronco's? Everybody now knows what a GT500 is, but in the 90's nobody knew beyond fast back v8 as cool in a stang. What would it take to put a Baja on the map in the same way? Because most guys I know have no clue what that is, but they do know early Bronco's exist. And much like the fastback stang in the 90's as long as it has v8 and top comes off its the cool one. lol