• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

transmission / Transfer case color

volfans4

I am in the mid stages of a frame off restoration. Anyone know the original transmission /transfer case color for 75?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Pretty sure neither were painted from the factory. C4- bare aluminum. Transfer case and 3-spd - cast iron. VHT makes paint to match if you want them protected.

OP
OP
V

volfans4

Thanks, the current color is rust and oil. I cant find any sign of paint so I'll try to get them cleaned and protected. It is a 3-spd by the way.

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
I used the POR15 cast iron grey in a spray bomb. Very high quality paint.

Attachments

• trancase4.jpg
    trancase4.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 202

Hotrodjohn

what Scoop says... no paint. I took my transfer down to the case and sandblasted it then I put a satin clear on it to stop the rust. Or use some cast paint like Bronkenn did. I restored a 75 frame off and spent a lot of time trying to make things as accurate as possible to OEM.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I noticed some residual blue paint on my adapter after I cleaned up the C4 I bought second hand. Not sure if it was a PO mod or what but I went with it. Cleaned it all up and painted the bellhousing/body in aluminum and the tcase in cast blast and the adapter blue

IMG_8260.jpg

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i've done a number in a black or grey. i just like anything that's chemical resistant for future easy clean up and durability