• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Considering selling mine

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
I have had my Bronco for more than 20 years. Kind of like family... but... life has given me a financial gut punch.... not going to stay down but move forward... I am starting my own business and need to reduce my living expenses while I build it. So I may be having a fire sale. I will start with my house and bass boat but if I cannot buy or build a smaller house with that equity and cash then the Bronco will go up for sale.

Anyway... after all that info you really didn't need to know... I have no idea what mine would be worth. You can see some pics in my garage and see more info in my signature.

It is solid. Drives and runs great. I think it won a throphy at every super celebration show and shine I entered it in. Not a trailer queen. Has some road rash on the paint from rocks kicking up from the road and a couple of other minor imperfections. Lots of custom fabricated parts... it is a one of a kind. All in all I think it is as nice as 90% of the Broncos out there. When I look at prices online I get all confused as to what to ask for mine.

Open for feedback. You won't hurt my feelings.

Greg

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Greg I'd say you've choose a great time to text the market.
After this Barrett & Jackson auction.. I believe Great Broncos, AS I expect yours is. I'm thinking we should have about a year of some killer sales.
... SO . SOME ONE ELSE maybe can tell us how to reach out to the people who have the money.

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
Hey Greg, I'm up the road from you in Cleveland. We talked before about your bumpers you made. Are you going into fabricating these bumpers? They sure do rock!

The couple of pictures you have in your garage, sure looks good. It's hard to judge from these auctions. My son ask me today while watching Barrett-Jackson what made one worth so much more than another. I told him things you can't see from this side of the TV. Yours looks like a $30K all day long, but with better pictures I might say it is a $45K or more. I know you would hate to sell, and also know it would sell fast. I hope you can figure a way to hang onto it.
Terry
I just went through your Gallery of pictures...I think my $45k + guess is more in line.
I would also be interested in your Frame Rotisserie if you want to sell it.

Last edited:

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sir, if your bronco is 1975 or earlier the CA people will push your price up .
Beautiful Bronco you built
BI

Tugross302

Greg. I have a friend who is trying to find a good one now. I could pass on some pictures to him if you really want to sell it. Great looking truck!!!

bax

Contributor
Old Member
With the market the way it is, Yes go for no less than 50K. I have seen your truck, it's a nice one. You will regret selling it , But you got skills so you can build another when the time is better for you. Also you could take 10K from the 50K and buy another project so you would have it.

OP
OP
Greg_B

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
Thanks Bax.. that might be a good idea. I am hoping for another way out. Will know in a few weeks. I have had the desire to build a stocker for a while.

$50k? I don't know if mine is that nice but it would be hard to turn that down in any situation.

Greg

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
50k all day.

And I think somebody might be actually getting a deal at that price

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Priorities man, good luck with the business Greg, selling your Bronco is nothing compared to the guts and commitment it takes to start a business

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
what Bax said. YOu have skills so the cost of building one is much less, than buying one. i would think the market is about as hot as it going to get, but who knows. Great time to sell.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
I am starting my own business and need to reduce my living expenses while I build it

Selling the bronco wont reduce living expenses if its paid for. I started my 2nd business in a hotel room in about 2 hours.....it will take you years to build another bronco to your liking. Keep it for now......sounds like you may need to live in it for a while!

OP
OP
Greg_B

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
Selling the bronco wont reduce living expenses if its paid for. I started my 2nd business in a hotel room in about 2 hours.....it will take you years to build another bronco to your liking. Keep it for now......sounds like you may need to live in it for a while!

It would get me out of a mortgage payment each month. 😄

Greg

crab

Bronco Guru
The thread below sums it up. Even in this horrible state of the nation that Fox News is telling us we are in, (I’m not a political person, but go Trump!) somehow the price of early broncos has doubled in the past 2 years (anybody correct me if I’m wrong). Also, 2 years ago, you would see pages of available broncos in the for sale section on this forum. How many of us “old timers” were caught laughing our ass off when somebody posted a bronco for $30k and it was gone the next day? Go there now and all you find is “Sold” or the add leads to a dead link. It’s a sellers market and it’s not going to last forever. Bax hit the nail on the head. Although I’m against driving up the price of these things, you are in perfect storm scenario. You will probably sell it in this thread at the mentioned valuations from what I’ve seen out there. $45k does not seem ridiculous as much as that pains me to say :)
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292313

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Without seeing under the hood and the interior, it's hard to give a good starting price. If it's as nice inside as it is out, then nothing less than 30K.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Priorities man, good luck with the business Greg, selling your Bronco is nothing compared to the guts and commitment it takes to start a business

For real....

Good luck and Sorry to see you have to let err go

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wouldn't take a penny less than 50k for it, too good a Bronco, especially in today's market. If you do decide to sell good luck with everything

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know Greg's Bronco. Matter of fact, I have parts of it!:cool: It is a very nice, solid, honest Bronco. It isn't anything like the Bronco's that makes up the majority of today's market........even the ones that's bringing big money at places like BJ. From what I'm seeing, 50k isn't optimistic at all.. it's very much a reality!