• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Turn signal cancel cam with grant adapter

demesauce

Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
I recently replaced my stock steering wheel with a smaller grant steering wheel. My question now is how does the black metal "c" shaped cam cancel part go back in place? Part of my problem is the PO had removed it for some reason, so I didn't see how it was installed to begin with. LMC has a good exploded pic, but I can figure out how it sits in place or would function. Any help would be appreciated. My bronco is a 73 with the stock manual steering column.

Last edited:

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
I'm not sure what black part you're referring to. The cam on every one I've replaced was attached to the wiring harness and it was secured with three screws and a plate The plate screws down onto the column and helps hold the bearing place. I may be off a bit, but if so, someone will chime in.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
It just clips on to the round portion of the back of the steering wheel or hub adapter if an aftermarket wheel.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
The canceling cam that clips onto the back of the wheel is essentially a spring. You have to use some force to open it up enough to get it to clip onto the wheel. The tension of it keeps it in place. I recently added an OEM one to my LeCarra adapter.

Attachments

• IMG_4591.jpg
    IMG_4591.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_4592.jpg
    IMG_4592.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 139
OP
OP
demesauce

demesauce

Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
Justino, yours looks a bit different than mine. Mine only has 1 prong and it looks likes yours has 2 prongs that stick down. Is it because it's from a different year?

OP
OP
demesauce

demesauce

Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
Also, the grant adapter kit came with 2 small roller pins that are to be used if you can re-use the stock cam canceller. Anyone have any luck with those?

omureebe

Do you know which adapter kit is used? I have the same problem and I bet the PO didn't install it correctly.
THanks

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Bronco cams only have one bump almost all other Ford cams have two. I don't see any use for role pins. My Grant mounting kit didn't include any role pins either.

jdbronco

Loc.
Panama City Beach
I just installed a grant wheel over the weekend. My stock '66 wheel (as far as I know) had a 2 "bump" cam. I just pulled it off and used snap ring pliers to put it on the new wheel. The kit did come with the 2 roll pins that can be put in the back side of the hub but I just threw them in a pickle jar. The directions said you could put them in the back of the hub and trim the length if needed.
If I remember correctly, the cam is clocked to the 9:00 position to sit between the turn signal switch when straight ahead.