• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Stared at radiator wondering how I am going to get it to move forward. Looks like it involves more work than I was hoping for. Welder is at work. I need a unit in my garage.

Chuck, I know how to get you about an inch without cutting anything.

msweb

Bronco Guru
Stared at radiator wondering how I am going to get it to move forward. Looks like it involves more work than I was hoping for. Welder is at work. I need a unit in my garage.

Dunno what Bax has in store for ya but I did move mine forward an inch and it was easy!

mango

Loc.
Sarasota, FL
Dunno what Bax has in store for ya but I did move mine forward an inch and it was easy!

Should I start another thread? I would like to hear about getting an inch where there isn't any room to offer.

Hurry before I order unnecessary parts, and cut something I shouldn't.

msweb

Bronco Guru
Should I start another thread? I would like to hear about getting an inch where there isn't any room to offer.

Hurry before I order unnecessary parts, and cut something I shouldn't.

I removed the pieces that the radiator clamps slide into, put the radiator flush against the core support and then used some 1"x1" tubing on the front side of the core support and reused the clamps. Looks stock and works well. PM if ya want a pic.

msweb

Bronco Guru
Found it -

Here ya go, turns out I had a pic already.

Attachments

• 100_2107.jpg
    100_2107.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 36
  • 100_2110.jpg
    100_2110.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 40

mango

Loc.
Sarasota, FL
Thanks for the help. That is what I had in mind for the top, but the bottom is the part I can't figure out. The fan is also closer to the rad at the bottom.

I must have had a thinner fan before. There was a 1 1/2" fan spacer originally. Right now the fan with no spacer is less than 1" from the rad. I will be ordering a fan guard no matter what.

msweb

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the help. That is what I had in mind for the top, but the bottom is the part I can't figure out. The fan is also closer to the rad at the bottom.

I must have had a thinner fan before. There was a 1 1/2" fan spacer originally. Right now the fan with no spacer is less than 1" from the rad. I will be ordering a fan guard no matter what.

Can't help with that one. I wanted to move the whole thing out closer to the grill, even considered a different radiator but at 4am and tired as all get out, thats the fix I came up with so we could load the trucks and hit trails at first light. Hope you get what you need and it works perfect!

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR

i saved some pix a few years ago of someone who did the top and bottom, hope this helps.

Attachments

• Broncorm_1.jpg
    Broncorm_1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Broncorm_2.jpg
    Broncorm_2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 34
  • Broncorm_3.jpg
    Broncorm_3.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Broncorm_4.jpg
    Broncorm_4.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Broncorm_5.jpg
    Broncorm_5.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Broncorm_6.jpg
    Broncorm_6.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Broncorm_7.jpg
    Broncorm_7.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 17

msweb

Bronco Guru
ya, i had hoped to do mine like that, but never got around to it. and i really don't need to now.

Oops, I thought that WAS yours, lol. Guess I need to start reading posts rather than just looking at the pics....

"Honestly honey, I just surf the internet to read the articles......." ;D

mango

Loc.
Sarasota, FL
That will not work in my truck. Way too clean. ;D
That is what I am looking for idea wise. Wish I could get a better look at the bottom. I guess I will have to load the truck up and bring it to work to do the fabrication and welding

Rocky1977Bronco

Loc.
Kapolei Hawaii
Put a brand new optima battery on it because my battery kept going dead at night. Thought the battery was no good. As soon as I installed the new battery, I heard a fuzzy sound coming from the speakers. Yep, the battery was dying ever night because my dang radio was on, but volume was turned down so low I couldnt hear it.?:?