• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Winter

turbotim2

I got my Bronco on the road in August and I haven't been able to drive it since October because of the winter I find I am less interested in it. When it was a project I always looked forward to the big day. I don't have snowmobiles, campers, boats, ATV's or any other toys for the same reason. Its hard for me to look at thousands of dollars tied up in something I can only use a few months out of the year. Anyone else get this way?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
SIT IN IT and make vroom vroom noises!! Tim, talking from experience....there is nothing like that first ride come spring....you won't remember any winter...trust me! Plus, might do a garage tour sometime in the forseeable future....good time to get the Bronco juices flowing again!

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
Well, that's one of the drawbacks to living in New England. It's also why I have sleds, a boat, and an atv so that I can constantly have something to look forward to. Usually don't think about whats tied up in stuff when I'm out using other stuff %);D

Think about this- I have a crapload of money tied up in my house. It's constantly sucking money out of my bank account and I have to throw more at the town just for the privledge of occupying some dirt. That irritates me way more than the Bronco sitting in the garage for half the year.

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
SIT IN IT and make vroom vroom noises!! Tim, talking from experience....there is nothing like that first ride come spring....you won't remember any winter...trust me! Plus, might do a garage tour sometime in the forseeable future....good time to get the Bronco juices flowing again!

THIS^^^^!

I had mine out of the shop the other day so I could work on something else. Couldn't wipe the smile off my face all day and it only moved 30 feet;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Always something you can do to it while she sits out the cold..

Get a beater, one not worried about rusting and get it out in the snow and play :D

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Oh yeah, I get that way. Been getting that way every Winter for 57 yrs in Portland. That's why we bought a house in Tucson to retire to this year. I'm ready to trade 8+ months of rain for 10+ months of sun.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Oh yeah, I get that way. Been getting that way every Winter for 57 yrs in Portland. That's why we bought a house in Tucson to retire to this year. I'm ready to trade 8+ months of rain for 10+ months of sun.

Outstanding... Sounds like a great plan to me

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
That’s why I never drive them, I never lose that anticipation! Just ask Randy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
That does sound like a great plan!!

Although I know quite a few people that are moving to Tucson and I don't know many people...

AZ bronco crew will get you hooked up with whoevers in your area :)

67RT

Bronco Guru
I am this way.. Unfortunately I will be probably be selling mine this spring. Just sitting in my driveway blocking my other classic car that is just sitting in the Garage. I will let someone else enjoy it.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Find another use for the Bronco in the off season. Pretend your going to the drive-in. Make some popcorn, Grab blanket, a six pack, project a movie on the back wall of the garage, jump in the back of the Bronco with your significant other and figure out a way to keep warm. Just like the old days. Make sure its a movie you both have seen several times so if you miss a few scenes you can still keep up with it.

Broncos can be used for other things than just driving out in the sun shine.

If your Bronco has a bulk head, take out the rear seat and add some heavy duty poly sheeting from Home Depot and line the tub with one big sheet. Fill it up with hot water and you have a hot tub.

Bronco's are so versatile. Just be creative.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Find another use for the Bronco in the off season. a six pack, project a movie on the back wall of the garage, jump in the back of the Bronco with your significant other take out the rear seat and add some heavy duty poly sheeting from Home Depot and line the tub with one big sheet. Fill it up with baby oil.

There I fixed it for ya;D

gr8scott

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Winter? What's that? ;D

Attachments

• 20160327_105430.jpg
    20160327_105430.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 18

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Well. you could have the opposite problem that we poor, non 2 per cent people have: The two Broncos and a vintage Italian are the only vehicles I own. So naturally the Broncos are daily drivers. Being an expendable resource, I am always aware that every day I drive the Broncos I am a day closer to having to replace something big , like the engine, or transmission, or suspension, or …… So there are advantages to not having the option of driving the Bronco everyday.
What I did, when I was at Brown University in Providence....where the winters are so bad and slushy that visiting Russian scientists said at the end of the winter that they were ready to go back to Moscow because the winters in Providence were so bad....was drive another enthusiast vehicle that I could expend my grief on but I had no long term interest in. Then in the summer I would fire up the Chariot and enjoy that occasionally. During all this I just laid plans to get back somewhere where I could drive the Broncos daily. And I did. Cold, but sunny and dry as a bone here in ABQ today. Will be driving the Action Bronco again on Friday.