• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FAQ - How do I resize a photo?

bronco t

Contributor
Loc.
San Diego CA
Since upgrading to Winows 7 and loosing the Power Toys feature I am using the poor boy approach to resize my jpg images by using Outlook email. I simply browse to the photos I want resized, highlight them and send them as an email attachment. An Outlook window pops up asking what size (small, medium, large, or original) I then highlight the newly resized jpg files and either save them in a folder for uploading to the web, or send them via email and save them later. In either case I rename them with a new name or add a letter "s" for (small) so that I can find them easier with the web uploader.

michahoov

Jon,

I'm using picasa. I figured out how to export and resize, but not sure what size to use. The one I used in my first post came out small and somewhat blurry. Can you post the best way to resize with picasa

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Are you saving the pic from Picasa to your computer and then uploading to the forums? Or are you trying to insert the pic as hosted on Picasa?

michahoov

I also can't get profile pic on my posts. When I go to user control panel/edit profile pic, my chosen pic shows up in the box for current profile pic, but does not show up in posts. What am I doing wrong?

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I also can't get profile pic on my posts. When I go to user control panel/edit profile pic, my chosen pic shows up in the box for current profile pic, but does not show up in posts. What am I doing wrong?
I think you're mixing up the Profile Picture and Avatar. The Profile Picture is what shows when someone goes to your Profile page. The Avatar is what shows up to the left of all your posts. The "Edit Avatar" link is just a few down from the "Edit Profile Picture" link.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Saving to computer after resizing.
How are you saving the pic from Picasa? If I go to my Picasa album, then click on an individual pic it brings up a page with just that pic. If you then go to Actions -> Download Photo it should download a decent size for the forums (roughly 800x600)

(You can also right click on the photo and select "Save Image As" to do the same thing)

michahoov

I think you're mixing up the Profile Picture and Avatar. The Profile Picture is what shows when someone goes to your Profile page. The Avatar is what shows up to the left of all your posts. The "Edit Avatar" link is just a few down from the "Edit Profile Picture" link.

10/4 on the mix up of profile pic and avatar. I'm on my iPad now and don't have access to pics but should be able to figure it out.

michahoov

How are you saving the pic from Picasa? If I go to my Picasa album, then click on an individual pic it brings up a page with just that pic. If you then go to Actions -> Download Photo it should download a decent size for the forums (roughly 800x600)

(You can also right click on the photo and select "Save Image As" to do the same thing)

I exported the pics to a new file. When you export, it gives you the option to resize. I may be making it more difficult than it is. What is the easiest way from Picasa?

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Are you using the web version of Picasa or the software running on your computer? I forgot they have both types. My instructions above were for the web version.

When you export does it give you preset size choices or do you have to manually enter the pixel values? If manual then 800x600 is good. You can go as high as 1024x768 if you want them at maximum size. Anything larger than that and the forums will downsize automatically.

michahoov

Are you using the web version of Picasa or the software running on your computer? I forgot they have both types. My instructions above were for the web version.

When you export does it give you preset size choices or do you have to manually enter the pixel values? If manual then 800x600 is good. You can go as high as 1024x768 if you want them at maximum size. Anything larger than that and the forums will downsize automatically.

I think it is the version downloaded on my computer. I'll have to check tonight when I get home

Thanks

broncojack

Contributor
How do I turn this photo right side up?

Attachments

• 67Sport-U14-barn.jpg
    67Sport-U14-barn.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 4

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I use a app called QuickFlip....
You can also do it on an iPhone or iPad. Open the photo, select edit, then look for an icon at the bottom that has arrows around it, select that, then look for the icon at the top that rotates the image, rotate it and select done....
451f74c0e4a156ccf40df7effef1254e.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I'm curious if this thread is even needed anymore with the new forum software update last year. I just tested uploading the largest photos on my phone and no issues with 10-12 MB files.

PXL_20221216_185508750.jpg PXL_20211229_201819590.jpg

Last edited: