• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

*NEW* Broncitis 66 hubcap decals

Broncitis

MEB Founder
For those who have the coveted 66 hubcaps, you know that when you restore them or polish them the black "FORD" on the rear caps and the stripes on all of them often get removed or do not look as good a new.

We have restored some of these caps and have never found a good way to cleanly paint onto the highly polished surface so that it has clean lines and will also adhere like the original paint did.

Therefore, we used vinyl when we did my dad's 66 U13 years ago. It looks great, but at the time, we used gloss black vinyl and I have since thought that satin black is more accurate and would look a bit better.

I just made some in satin black and put a set on a recently polished 66 cap I had. For the first set of these I have installed, I think they went on pretty well for not taking but about 10 minutes or so on this test piece.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM.

Rear Hubcap kit (does one cap): $12 for one, or $20 for a pair.

Front hubcap kit (does one cap): $6 for one, or $10 for a pair.

Complete set: $30 and will include one extra "FORD" and two extra stripes in case you mess one up during install.

Attachments

• NCM_0565.jpg
    NCM_0565.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 96
  • NCM_0566.jpg
    NCM_0566.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 89
  • NCM_0568.jpg
    NCM_0568.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 105
  • NCM_0569.jpg
    NCM_0569.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 92
  • NCM_0572.jpg
    NCM_0572.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 98
  • NCM_0573.jpg
    NCM_0573.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Looks great Drew, you think of everything!!!

Thanks Chad, most of the time only because we need it and no one else made it! Like they say, mother is the necessity of invention (or reproduction in many of these cases). ;D

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Chad, most of the time only because we need it and no one else made it! Like they say, mother is the necessity of invention (or reproduction in many of these cases). ;D

Hey Drew! You said it: Why don't you make the new '66 caps to sell along with the vinyl!...they are a necessity on a '66! (And these would sell high!)

Looks good; I'm sure the registration of the lettering in the embossing is tuff!

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Thanks guys!

Yes, getting the letters on is a bit of a PITA, but was not too bad. I peeled off the transfer paper and used an X-acto knife and took the letters off the backing paper and then placed them in individually. I did some dry, and some wet with just a tiny bit of dish soap and water to dampen the surface.

Dry was better if you took the time to align it correctly since if you had too much slip with the water/soap solution it was a bit tricky to get it pressed out enough to stick without moving inside of the embossed letters.

Unfortunately, I can not make hubcaps on a vinyl cutter, lathe or mill!

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice job Drew-I need to get up with Peroini and associates, resident "hub cab restorer guy"............
KB