• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Confirmed! Bronco to return by 2020!

overanalyze

'Everyone' says that '2 doors don't sell'.

Such a shame they had to quit selling the Mustang since it was only a 2 door.
Exactly!! They can put some nice modern features in it to sell it...but give us a 2 door (maybe a cool 3rd door option could be a concession to a 4 door), at least a removable top option, and a good drive train and power train!

ECEB

Exactly!! They can put some nice modern features in it to sell it...but give us a 2 door (maybe a cool 3rd door option could be a concession to a 4 door), at least a removable top option, and a good drive train and power train!

No removable top is a deal killer for me too...

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built

Some of that ^ sounds encouraging.

Ford product development chief Raj Nair... won’t describe it as retro, but points to the F-Series, Mustang and GT as examples of iconic models that are instantly recognizable, but also very modern vehicles.

Nevertheless, if you’re concerned Ford will stray too far from the original formula, don’t worry too much, because it’s head designer, Moray Callum, is the proud owner of a 1976 Bronco and says he loves it just the way it is.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
Yep. Also. They are being very secretive about the bronco but open about the ranger. If it was just gonna be a redesign of the everest then it wouldnt be such a secret. Also remember that the ranger and bronco II were built side by side and the b2 was considerably shorter with a similar yet different frame. Hopefully they are really gonna make a wrangler fighter. We can only hope and wait

Last edited:

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
I'd be OK with a 4 door if it was like how the FJ cruiser was with the two rear doors being short and suicide style. Just enough to make it easier for the kids to get in back.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Ford should really look at what Jonathan Ward, from Icon 4x4/TLC is doing with his version of the remod Broncos. The 2020 Bronco has to have old styling. It needs to be simple. All of this, but modernized.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's going to be the South American Ford Troller, I'll putmoney on it. Jeep size, no nonsense, diesel motor, proven design.

Ford troller
ford-troller-t4-bronco-white.png

2015-Ford-Troller-production-an-ideal-Bronco-candidate.jpg

http://www.tflcar.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/ford-troller-t4-bronco-white.png

They could stretch it to get 4 doors easy.

Factory roof air scoop, nice.

rustbucket

Bronco Guru
I read somewhere that the chief designer has a '76 Bronco that he thinks is perfect as-is, and that it would be body on frame. But they also stated that it wouldn't be retro design, but the wording was a little confusing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

broncobusted

Damn now im gonna have to work another ten years to afford one of these lol. Cant wait to see how it un folds. This got my heartbeat up almost as much as finding my first bronco jada toy car yesterday at wally world.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
FROM USA today:
Hinrichs described the Bronco's return as a response to "a passionate group of people who want a modern version of one of the best-known and best-loved 4-by-4 nameplates in automotive history."

"This is a no-compromise, mid-size, 4-by-4 utility for the thrill-seekers who want freedom and off-road functionality with the space and versatility of an SUV," Hinrichs said. "The Bronco is capable of conquering everything from your daily commute to gravel roads and boulders."

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
FROM USA today:
Hinrichs described the Bronco's return as a response to "a passionate group of people who want a modern version of one of the best-known and best-loved 4-by-4 nameplates in automotive history."

"This is a no-compromise, mid-size, 4-by-4 utility for the thrill-seekers who want freedom and off-road functionality with the space and versatility of an SUV," Hinrichs said. "The Bronco is capable of conquering everything from your daily commute to gravel roads and boulders."

They said something similar about the Raptor and those folded like an accordion during small jumps.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Small jumps? The one I saw the guy was doing a jump 50 feet into the air and after hitting the groiund wrecked everything. Why anyone thinks thats a good idea on anything but a race built vehicle is beyond me. But it is pretty funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w-HOiQo5OA

Ha...seen that one. Let's just hope the Bronco builds up to the hype. I don't mind all the plastic they put all over newer vehicles, it's just a sign of the times, but as long as it performs and looks good doing it.

The last thing I want it to be is a failure like the "Thunderbird" when Ford released it for a few years.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I'm hoping Ford goes useful rather than retro in the design.
Retro has already been done and is an outdated marketing idea.
FJ, PT, VW, HHR, & SSR. Pretty much what I'd call "old hat."
I like the Troller look. Is it the same platform as the Ranger?

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Troller is a South American company Ford bought. The Ranger platform it will be based on is now built in Europe, body on frame, old school, hard axles.
This is the 2016 version in England, I hope they don't just badge it as a Bronco, will be a huge fail if so. I say if the production designer has an EB, and wants that old school capability vs Honda pilot or Tacoma look, Troller is the easy answer.

Ford-Ranger-Wildtrack-2015-1.jpg

You can even see the frame rail under rear wheel arch. I think that ranger is IFS, if it is, I guess I could live with that as long as guys start modding it right and not just using body lifts to get a 4x4 look. If it has a frame, you can but in a D44 or 60. Starting to save money, and unlike getting burned with the new year 2012 lemon Wrangler I turned in for a problem free 2013, I'm waiting for the 2021 debut.