• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mint 400 Movie plus Vintage Stroppe Pics

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The pictures are fantastic! I'm sure the film would be pretty awesome as well. I have old family films that I wanted to transfer to video and came across this place in my research. I never did use them but for 1 film it may be a good option for you. I also know Costco and other local film shops will transfer to video. Good luck & I'm looking forward to see the results.

https://gomemorable.com/services/film-transfer#

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Bajabrewer,

Thanks for the recommendation about Memorable. I looked for some services yesterday that were pretty pricey. Memorable has a lot of nice reviews. I might give them a try.

I was hoping to take a look at what's on the film reel before spending too much money having the conversion made... Based on the price I may go ahead and give them a try.

Take Care,

Jeff

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey,

One more time... This is getting to be way too much fun.

The first three pics are at Stroppe's shop. I believe these were taken before the 1969 Baja 1000. I will try to improve those pictures sometime in the future. It's amazing to see that many awesome Bronco racers (and F100s) in one place.

The forth picture is of the Bronco Bill and Parnelli drove.

The last four pictures are of the Condor motorhome (aka Debbie). My brother, Tim, and I are in a couple of the pictures. (Neither of us has changed a bit. lol) We were around it a fair amount... although the extent of our hands-on was cleaning it up for some shows and races.

Take Care,

Jeff

Attachments

• PICT0031.jpg
    PICT0031.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 316
  • PICT0013.jpg
    PICT0013.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 300
  • PICT0020.jpg
    PICT0020.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 346
  • PICT0012.jpg
    PICT0012.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 311
  • PICT0017.jpg
    PICT0017.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 306
  • PICT0036.jpg
    PICT0036.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 321
  • PICT0030.jpg
    PICT0030.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 302
  • PICT0033.jpg
    PICT0033.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 312
OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Half Cab,

Isn't that Parnelli Jones in the Plaid pants? Geat stuff man if I had a projector I would sent it to ya that's for sure.

I felt like a failure as a husband and father yesterday. I shared a couple of the pics when my son stopped by. All I got from both my wife and my son when I told them about how great I thought the picture was with Parnelli was... "Who's that?" And we live in Indianapolis. %)%)%)

I've go a lot of sharing left to do.

Jeff

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Yea I know the feeling as not any race fans around here other then myself. We must be around the same age? I was 10 in '69.

We had bean field racing here in the late 60's and all through the 70's. My older cousin and his friends all drove broncos which led to my owning one in '78.

My cousin's shop would have as many as 10-15 EB's around on any givin day.

Thanks so much for sharing this. I need to get over to my Aunt's place some day and see what pictures she has.

Cousin got killed in '89.

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Half Cab,

I have you by 4 years. I was 14 when we moved to Southern California from Georgia. Being around Stroppe's shop at an early age really made an impression on me.

It's hard to put into words what receiving all of these pictures means to me. I just hope everyone doesn't get tired of what I'm sharing.

A bunch of Broncos anywhere these days would get a lot of attention! Sorry to hear your cousin's life ended so soon.

What part of Mississippi are you in?

Take Care,

Jeff

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I live almost in Oxford now but am originally from Tupelo.That's where all ther chaos was happening back in the day;D

BTW don't think no one on this site is gonna get tired of the great post you're puttin up:cool:

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Great pics Jeff! I wonder if any of those F100s in the pics are currently racing in NORRA. There are a couple of nice ones.

I have an old family projector I kept when my folks passed and I inherited all the old movies and family photos. I wish you werever closer or if you ever end up coming out this way...maybe for the M1K!...you're welcome to use it. I'm really looking forward to seeing more!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep, lovin' all the wayback pics for sure.
Fun seeing Broncos and trucks when they were literally new off the lot. No rust (yet), no dents (yet!), and not even any dirt (YET!). So much different from what we see now after 40-50 years.

Diggin' the big fat coil springs on that 'Oly clone in the first pic. And the custom recessed lights in the grille and wing.
But the F100's! Man, would I love to see one of those show up at a meet-n-greet someday.

Paul

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Randy,

It's good to hear from you. It's been a while.

Thanks for the offer to use your projector. I appreciate it... and I could sure use some time off in that part of the country. I think I'll explore Bajabrewer's suggestion for transferring the film to DVD. (I don't know what's on the film... that's the only reason I was hoping to view it first.)

Last year would have been a perfect time for doing something to be part of the Mexican 1000. This year I would have a trail of even more customers frustrated with me for missing more deadlines. I will be doing some project work for the Toyota Tecate Baja plant.... impossible schedule and I'm already behind. It will probably involve a few trips over the next few months. Who knows, maybe I can time one of them to match up with the start of the race.

While I'm thinking about it... did the fab outfit you were working with ever supply you with the mirrors?

I saw the pics of the Bukineer at KOH. Pretty cool you get around in it as much as you do.

Hope everything else is going good for you.

Take Care,

Jeff

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Paul,

It's good seeing you, too.

More F100 pics to come.

(I owe you a pick of the pulley we talked about last fall for the high output alternator. It's still on my list of things to do. Once I get the Bronco back to the house I'll make sure to get a picture... although getting the shot lined up so that it makes sense may be a little difficult.

Take Care,

Jeff

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
elan, yes Lucas Square 8s and perlux on alot of Stroppe racers til the CIBIEs came on the scene about 70-71. Jeff, yes that was bills back in the 2nd pic.

Amazing photos and thanks so much for sharing them.

Dirt Donk - thats not an OLY clone - that's Pre-Oly sponsor Big Oly.

Oh to have been there, right???? :eek:

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Jeff....all I can say is amazing! this stuff is so cool and to be unearthed after all this time is just awesome. Hope you have a smile on your face as you can relive some of your life with your Dad in these pics...I know I have thought of the good times with my own father by viewing these....PLEASE keep'em coming!!

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Good to see you're busy, but just don't kill yourself before you reach the golden ages...or are we already there! :)
Maybe I can send you the projector so you can view the reels before you pay to have them converted? Let me know if you're interested and I'll get up in the attic and see exactly what kind it is, Super 8 etc.
It's funny you asked about those mirrors as we were just talking about them a couple weeks ago. I'll shoot him a text and see what the hecks up with them and let you know.

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Guys,

Here are a few shots of Jim Loomis' Bronco. My Dad would use the propane rigs at promotional event. He'd bring them home just to drive me and my brother crazy.

This was about as close as I ever came to driving one.

Hope you enjoy the pics.

Jeff

Attachments

• PICT0035.jpg
    PICT0035.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 247
  • PICT0034.jpg
    PICT0034.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 267
  • PICT0033.jpg
    PICT0033.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 273
  • PICT0032.jpg
    PICT0032.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 285
OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hey Again,

Big Oly!

Last ones for a day or two. If I could figure out a way to make a living at this it would probably be easier to keep my customers happy. This stuff is really addicting.

I'm not sure exactly of the date and location of this race. I'm thinking it might have been Parker; but, that's just a guess. Maybe 1973?

After looking at the propane bulk truck in the background... I'm wondering if this was a Barstow to Vegas race.

Jeff

Attachments

• PICT0037.jpg
    PICT0037.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 269
  • PICT0036.jpg
    PICT0036.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 284
  • PICT0038.jpg
    PICT0038.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 261
  • PICT0039.jpg