• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA 351 Windsor with Fitech Fuel Injection

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhodesbennett

I am selling my 351 Windsor, block dated 1983. One of the members has already claimed the Fitech so I am selling the rest. The engine runs great. I have decided to switch to a 5.0 Ford Explorer engine. The 351 Windsor was rebuilt with 4k miles on it. Comes with aluminum heads, Edelbrock intake Performer manifold, alternator, HEI distributor. I can send video and pictures if interested. Engine does burn some oil.

The engine with all of the ancillaries is being offered at $1,900 OBO.

Thanks,

Dan Bennett
Text: 818-631-8299

Last edited:

BroncoLuke

Might I ask...why did you decide to go to the 5.0? I have a 351W and am thinking of putting on the FiTech but keeping the 351W. I have a mildly built engine from RHS (Racing Head Service) and am pretty happy with it except for the carburetor. If you would share any insight, I would appreciate it.

-Lucas

hello, sorry to interject, but i have a 351w with the fitech and man its a beast. scary in fact, i cant speak on the 5.0 and not saying its not a good choice. the 351w has great torque. i smoke the tires with ease. i must add that i built my engine to perform too. afr heads and all the good stuff. just a thought

OP
OP
R

rhodesbennett

Might I ask...why did you decide to go to the 5.0? I have a 351W and am thinking of putting on the FiTech but keeping the 351W. I have a mildly built engine from RHS (Racing Head Service) and am pretty happy with it except for the carburetor. If you would share any insight, I would appreciate it.

-Lucas

Hi Lucas: I decided to swap out the 351W for a 5.0 because I just feel more comfortable rock crawling with the 5.0. Just a personal preference. I have a number of friends in So Cal Broncos who are running the 351 with great results and a number of friends with the 5.0 who are equally pleased. I am more of a 5.0 guy. Thanks for the interest. Cheers, Dan

OP
OP
R

rhodesbennett

-Lucas

hello, sorry to interject, but i have a 351w with the fitech and man its a beast. scary in fact, i cant speak on the 5.0 and not saying its not a good choice. the 351w has great torque. i smoke the tires with ease. i must add that i built my engine to perform too. afr heads and all the good stuff. just a thought

Very true! The 351 is a great engine with tons of torque. It definitely gets a lot of attention when driving around locally. I am sure someone out there will enjoy giving this engine a new home. Thanks, Dan

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
$3600 for a used engine that burns oil? This includes a running Bronco right? Sorry but even with California's rape and pillage pricing that's just plain crazy!

OP
OP
R

rhodesbennett

$3600 for a used engine that burns oil? This includes a running Bronco right? Sorry but even with California's rape and pillage pricing that's just plain crazy!

Hi Bronco Guru,
The Fitech that I am selling was just installed 12/2017 which I paid $1,000. It performs perfectly. I have reduced it to $700. The ancillary parts that come with the engine including the Edelbrock performer manifold, HEI distributor, alternator amount to a few more hundred bucks. That reduces the engine price to $2400 and that price is negotiable as is everything in this world. The engine performs great. For an engine built in 1983 the oil burn is par for the course and readily fixable.

Status
Not open for further replies.