• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Keep doors?

Jakedog

I don't plan on running stock doors or a hardtop, but I have both taking up space. My goal for this bronco is soft top and soft doors. Should I consider selling these items, or just make room to store them?
If I decide to sell it in the future (don't plan to) will these items bring way more value to it?

Cortez

Bronco Guru
I would keep the doors in case you sell it in the future.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Keep if possible, buy some bicycle hangers and get them up in the air out of your way.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Sold my hardtop - no where to store it, but kept my doors

Attachments

• IMGP1391.jpg
    IMGP1391.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 156

hammer189

Loc.
South Atlanta
Tops are relatively easy to get. A good set of doors is a lot harder to find and more expensive.
I say keep the doors.
David

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Yup keep the doors! Good original doors are hard to find. The top you could let go.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Keep your doors. You will probably want them again sometime.

A friend of mine bought a bronco that came with fiberglass inserts, the soft doors for them, and a soft top. It took him about 6 months to realize that he wanted to be able to close his Bronco up a bit more tightly.
I painted my Bronco in 2007 and let the doors sit around, unpainted for a lot of years. Finally painted them and now I run them almost 100% of the time. Makes the Bronco feel like more of a "real car" for lack of better words. I plan only to remove them for the occasional 4-wheeling trip from this point forward. I like having them.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Out of sight, out of mind. Same dilemma. I decided to keep mine but they are in the attic. If I had to look at them every day, it would drive me crazy.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Out of sight, out of mind. Same dilemma. I decided to keep mine but they are in the attic. If I had to look at them every day, it would drive me crazy.

biggest thing for sure, finding somewhere to put them lol

OP
OP
J

Jakedog

Thanks for the replies. Majority wins. I'll keep them. Now I just need to find a place to keep them.

D.R.Y.

Loc.
The Netherlands
Great idea to keep them. If you have open rafters set them up in there.
I hang my hard top from mine it is never in the way and safe

suckerpunched

Jake if you change your mind I might be interested in the top, That being said, Im no hurry to put a top on mine either. I live about an hour and a half north of you.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
You will make more money off the doors 10 years down the road than putting the money in the bank now.