• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Good bronco mechanic in the Kansas City, MO area?

easyee

Loc.
Kansas City, MO
Does any know of a mechanic in the Kansas City, MO area that could install a new transmission in necessary? I just moved here from California. My 74 Bronco's transmission (i think)is going bad. It is an automatic. It currently takes a couple minutes on warm up for me to be able to get the car to go into reverse. Any thoughts on what else may be the issue? thanks

Lawndart

Loc.
Fluid level?

Go talk to Tim Worthy in Olathe.
Tim Worthy's Transmission & Auto Repair
15695 S. Hwy 169, Olathe, KS 66062
He's old school, but that is what you want. If'n you have one, leave the PC attitude at home. Tell him the guy with the orange Bronco sent you.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
you actually in KC or somewhere nearby? I'm in Lee's Summit

Reach out to Perfection connection, Matt or Mark if they can do it.

I'd avoid LS transmission by them, they are a little high

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
When it warms up, I could possibly assist if you want to pull and replace, or pull, fix

Good guy from the board, Jake Good (Inhophobic) works over at 4 wheel parts in Overland park, bet he might could hook you up as well

OP
OP
easyee

easyee

Loc.
Kansas City, MO
Fluid level is fine. Been monitoring that. Will hit up Tim Worthy and see what he thinks. Thanks Lawndart!

Lawndart

Loc.
NP!
He knows C4s and has been doing it since he was a kid. Not the cheapest, but you don't want that either.
Best o luck.

OP
OP
easyee

easyee

Loc.
Kansas City, MO
you actually in KC or somewhere nearby? I'm in Lee's Summit

Reach out to Perfection connection, Matt or Mark if they can do it.

I'd avoid LS transmission by them, they are a little high

I'm in KC near the Plaza. will connect with Perfection Connection as well. thanks for your reply.

OP
OP
easyee

easyee

Loc.
Kansas City, MO
When it warms up, I could possibly assist if you want to pull and replace, or pull, fix

Good guy from the board, Jake Good (Inhophobic) works over at 4 wheel parts in Overland park, bet he might could hook you up as well

wow...this Forum is boss. Lots of options in just 1 hour of posting. thanks for your reply

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
Sounds like you have some answers already. I am not a KC area guy, if you were south I would have the answer.

To locate all CB members in Missouri, go to the User CP-Garage ect line, see the "Community" tab with the drop down bar?

Click on "member list", then go to the lower R/H "Advanced Search" tab. Click Mo in the drop down menu "State" and hit search now at the bottom.

I then hit the "last visit" tab to make the most recent visitor come to the top. All our locations/contact info right there.

Here we all are: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/memberlist.php?&field10=26&order=DESC&sort=lastvisit&pp=15