• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ocbr 2018

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I was going to bring a few extra sets of hubs in case you run out but if your daughter is going to be driving you probably want need them ;D;D;D

Throw them in, you never know!!! lol :)

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Morning temps have been known to be in the 60s, but that usually climbs to mid 80s, maybe into the 90s. In the registration paperwork, there is one hotel that has a REALLY affordable rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geniusloerts

We stayed at The Waters last year in down town. My wife likes the old part of town.
Fingers crossed I have the bronco on the road.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
So, for a newbie hoping to attend, what should I expect?

Trails - I'm not so concerned with. But what is expected weather so I might make an educated decision on where to stay. I'm ok with tent camping unless it stays above 80 all night. I've got to make it budget friendly so that may force my hand a little.

Thanks!

that's very cool, you will already know some of us:cool: your son will have a blast too

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Morning temps have been known to be in the 60s, but that usually climbs to mid 80s, maybe into the 90s. In the registration paperwork, there is one hotel that has a REALLY affordable rate.

I be ready for sure....

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
So, for a newbie hoping to attend, what should I expect?

Trails - I'm not so concerned with. But what is expected weather so I might make an educated decision on where to stay. I'm ok with tent camping unless it stays above 80 all night. I've got to make it budget friendly so that may force my hand a little.

Thanks!

cool in the evening, warm to hot, dusty in the day...

Usually pretty nice in the mornings.

You'll have a blast brother

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
cool in the evening, warm to hot, dusty in the day...

Usually pretty nice in the mornings.

You'll have a blast brother

He’s right. Nice in the mornings.

Sprdv1, maybe we need to do an early morning run this year and nap thru the hot afternoon? Get it done while the dew is still dripping off the trees?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
He’s right. Nice in the mornings.

Sprdv1, maybe we need to do an early morning run this year and nap thru the hot afternoon? Get it done while the dew is still dripping off the trees?

I'm game brother....

SO I get home from Howie Sun 11 ish, unload, etc, etc.. Get winch hooked up to front diff cover, to drop front in to squeeze in garage..

Whooop, Can't get out of 4WD, Whoooops, Shifters go crazy, break or disconnected somehow at top of T Case.... UGGH

Never fails. Add to the to do list next couple weekends. LOL Always got to be something

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
how does the OCBR thread EVERY YEAR turn into the prerun thread too?

I'm second guessing doing my lift because with my limited Bronco-work time, i'm not sure I can get it finished by June. Which means I have to run Dad's nearly bald tires/wheels again. I just bought some used 37s and built the beadlocks for them over the weekend.... UGGGHHHH...

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just in case you missed it...

We’re under 5 months.

And that doesn’t look as big as it sounds.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Oh we all know how time flies These days.
Be here before we know It

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Yes, we will plan something and I'll keep you posted...

Got to see where everyone wants to go

Only been to this park ONCE and not w/a capable rig?

https://ddaypark.com/

Don’t waste your time going to D-Day again. There wasn’t anything there but a couple of hill climbs.

One of these days I’d like to get back out to Kansas Rocks... maybe Turtle Creek? Might be a long weekend trip to both parks?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Don’t waste your time going to D-Day again. There wasn’t anything there but a couple of hill climbs.

One of these days I’d like to get back out to Kansas Rocks... maybe Turtle Creek? Might be a long weekend trip to both parks?

KS rocks is worth it.. Tuttle creek, hmm it was alright I reckon.

K rocks probably a lot more to do.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
how does the OCBR thread EVERY YEAR turn into the prerun thread too?

I'm second guessing doing my lift because with my limited Bronco-work time, i'm not sure I can get it finished by June. Which means I have to run Dad's nearly bald tires/wheels again. I just bought some used 37s and built the beadlocks for them over the weekend.... UGGGHHHH...

Nothing happens without a pre run!!!!!!!!