• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My Bronco rebirth

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
Too much time had gone by and my Bronco started showing some wear. (just a little) So under the knife it goes. I've pulled the body off. The entire front clip was torn off the tub with the exception of a 1" weld and 5 fender bolts. The two front mounts were doing OK, but most of the weight was on the radiator. I pulled down an explorer for the engine and transmission but I was HELL BENT on keeping the PTO winch. Last week I was victorious making it all clear. Next is mounting the PTO shafts, then install exhaust around the PTO lines. Then set the body. Then custom wire. Then fuel lines. Then tube front. Then make it all work.
Looks like I have to pull out a plan B for the NBR this year!

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Imagine that, showing some wear! ;D Watching you have fun with it at one of the DML events, reminded me of the fun I had with mine at 17 yrs old! Keep up the fun!
Kevin

Finally got the pic to attach

Attachments

• dml2.jpg
    dml2.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
OP
OP
Tom Dummer

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
Now in order to continue, I need the body on the frame to see where my clearances are. But I need the exhaust in, But before that I need to clear the PTO drivelines with the exhaust, but to do that I need to install new driveshafts coming off the PTO that's now on the 205. But that means hanging the winch on the frame but the U joints have been there for 40 some odd years and wont come free..... So I disassemble the leaky winch so I can straighten drivelines and pull the ujoints and get it into position but now I can't put it in to position until I finish rebuilding the WINCH!!!!! When does this end ?????????

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Everyone knows you start at the front and work your way back.

You need A, B,Band B call for help. Beef, Beer and Barbecue will bring help in Quick order. Just don't tell them what you need done until they get there.