• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Earliest Broncos known to exist (1-30)!!

OP
OP
jspurl3

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA

77Bronco636

#180 was parted out. It was too far gone!! I pulled most of the body off by hand and the frame was rotted in half behind the bulk head (The Bronco Ranch can confirm this LOL). The good thing is every part that was salvagable from the rig was used on another U13:), so it helped a lot of restoration projects. And if the time ever comes this truck can exist again from a donor rig;D

RedDirt

I would like to know where my bronco set in production. I was told by two different bronco restoration guys it was with in the first 500 ever made the vin is U13FL734874 oh and mine does have the eyebrow

Last edited:
OP
OP
jspurl3

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
I would like to know where my bronco set in production. I was told by two different bronco restoration guys it was with in the first 500 ever made the vin is U13FL734874 oh and mine does have the eyebrow

Someone correct me if I am wrong... Buts its an Aug 65 build, and its 2874 off the assembly line. Keep in mind that the assembly like also built trucks and vans in that VIN sequence. From what I understand, ford lost the records from 66 in a fire so its hard to really pin out exactly how early it is. Either way its an early to mid Aug 65 build. Very cool post up some pics!

http://www.broncohio.com/tech/ebvins.html

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Someone correct me if I am wrong... Buts its an Aug 65 build, and its 2874 off the assembly line. Keep in mind that the assembly like also built trucks and vans in that VIN sequence. From what I understand, ford lost the records from 66 in a fire so its hard to really pin out exactly how early it is. Either way its an early to mid Aug 65 build. Very cool post up some pics!

http://www.broncohio.com/tech/ebvins.html

There was never a fire that destroyed the '66 records! There was a "Famous" fire at the Rotunda Building, but back in 1962 (http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/sun-sets-on-the-ford-rotunda)?! Alot of us, me included, thought this was the case.

Upon a discussion with Kevin at the Marti Autoworks Group, I asked if he knew of this myth. He said sure! He actually spoke with the gentleman that was eliminating reel to reel records of unimportant and costly records - trucks, broncos, vans, commercials trucks, and maybe some autos. Ford considered this a way to streamline costs. Mustangs and T-Birds were alot more valuable to them and the public, so those records were not included. By the time the '67 records came around, Ford ceased the destroying of records. Maybe by then Ford realized it was a mistake!

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
In that case, I have 732001, an all original time capsule with 212 miles. I can post pics when I get it back from Manti T'ao's girlfriend!

hightime

Thanks for the good read boys.......

I have U14FL738593 in great shape from WY. Very little rust , no dents and all the right stuff. It should be light blue. It still has the silver bench seat, but it's covered., good thing. I have a good 1/2 cab, but have enjoyed our convertible rides this summer.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 156

berg bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
franklin NC
20. 733103 ngabronco owned it but I think he sold it. Anyone know who has it?

Hey jspurl3, I sold that rig to berg bronco, he was going to do a resto on it, however the economy jumped him and I think it got abandoned. I'll have to defer to him on it's where-abouts???%)%)%)

Ya... Nga broncos right! A guy from New Hampshire bought it but. It's been a few years

Colman

Loc.
Houston
Mine is the 164th ford built that year. Not 164th bronco. And I have contacted them but haven't heard back yet. And I guess I will have to settle for second u13 lol

OP
OP
jspurl3

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
Mine is the 164th ford built that year. Not 164th bronco. And I have contacted them but haven't heard back yet. And I guess I will have to settle for second u13 lol

Well Colman we are going to need pics! Fork over $12 for a good cause

Very cool find by the way!

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru

I always wonder if my #158 is really the first U13. All I can say is it is the earliest in MY collection.

Scott C.

Loc.
Waynetown IN
I see it shows up on the registry now. You are correct, I forgot that the sequence numbers were mixed in with all the trucks. From what I have read they built only 23776 Broncos in the 66 model year. I wonder how many are still here???

Last edited: