• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Safari 2012 in Moab May 2-5

OP
OP
sstclair

sstclair

The weather is looking good for us! The weather channel says:
Highs in the upper 80s!
Lows in the mid 50s!

Bring plenty of water and sun screen.
-Steve

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
Last call for free deliveries. The train is packing up tomorrow for departure Saturday! Whoohwhoo! We'll be there Wednesday morning!

Suzy

EBCRAWLR

Loc.
las vegas,NV
ill be rolling in monday, early afternoon! get all setup and relax!! but tuesday theres no planned trail... so does anybody wanna join me on a tuesday trail, (i plan to run all the stage 4 trails wed, thurs, and sat) so im thinking a nice scenic cruise for tuesday! :D any takers? maybe seven mile rim?... open to options from people in the know! pm me or look for the nevada "EBCRWLR" license plate ;):cool:

Last edited:

jbbronc

ill be rolling in monday, early afternoon! get all setup and relax!! but tuesday theres no planned trail... so does anybody wanna join me on a tuesday trail, (i plan to run all the stage 4 trails wed, thurs, and sat) so im thinking a nice scenic cruise for tuesday! :D any takers? maybe seven mile rim?... open to options from people in the know! pm me or look for the nevada "EBCRWLR" license plate ;):cool:

Left Ct last night we have. been driving all day. We slept in the truck for a little while. In Iowa now. Just about half way now only 1170 more miles to go! Hope to roll in to town Saturday morning. The Mainers had some problems and are leaving tonight they hopfully will be rolling on Sunday.Looking foward to meeting every one. Suzie you bringing Ben?

OP
OP
sstclair

sstclair

Make sure to look me up when you get into town!
In case you don't have it..
801 then 999-8088 or you may find me at the Moab Rim Camp Park.
-Steve

jbbronc

Thanks Steve we will give you a call when we get in to town. Trying to get under a 1000 miles tonight! Ebcrawlr we might be up for running some trails on Monday or Tuesday too. Keep a eye out for us. We have the two Bronco"s with connecticut plates on them.

2wheelbob

Moab will be busy this coming week. Not only will the Blue Oval be represented but the Rising sun as well. It's Cruise Moab week. Land Cruisers and Broncos....SCHA-WING!!! See you down there...now what to bring, the '78 FJ40 or the '74 Bronco Ranger...decisions, decisions....

OP
OP
sstclair

sstclair

Moab will be busy this coming week. Not only will the Blue Oval be represented but the Rising sun as well. It's Cruise Moab week. Land Cruisers and Broncos....SCHA-WING!!! See you down there...now what to bring, the '78 FJ40 or the '74 Bronco Ranger...decisions, decisions....

All the cool kids will be in a Bronco or hangin' with someone in a Bronco. Come on down and play!

vaquerojw

Be headed down in the morning just need tip find a way to haul 4mt bikes and I'll be driving the bronco.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

jbbronc

Back on the road again we are 950 miles from Moab I think we are going to try to roll in tonight. The Mainers still haven"t left yet. Todd lost his alternator this morning.Just talk to Kenny they hope to be on the road for 10. Sean of course we stick together we are Bronco peeps! we will have open seats for you and your girlfriend give us a call when you fly in.

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Back on the road again we are 950 miles from Moab I think we are going to try to roll in tonight. The Mainers still haven"t left yet. Todd lost his alternator this morning.Just talk to Kenny they hope to be on the road for 10. Sean of course we stick together we are Bronco peeps! we will have open seats for you and your girlfriend give us a call when you fly in.

If you're rolling through Colorado Springs later and don't feel like finishing the trip, you can rack out at my place. Eric and I are heading to Moab tomorrow AM.
Joe

jbbronc

Thanks for the offer we might just take you up on that! We are going to see how the day goes keep you posted if we need a place to crash or not. Just got off the phone with the Mainers they are finally on there way.

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
Crazy Mainah's!

No, Mr. Ben is staying home. The long trips whoop him pretty bad at 15 years old! He's not sure what exactly is going on with two weekends back to back moving around trucks, trailers, Rv's and Broncos. He doesn't know who is leaving, Momma or Grandpa! Poor Dude!

We're getting close to packed, luckily the Dads have 4 days to make it to Denver. They have a satellite working now so the catastrophe is over. The humanity of the thought of a trip without TV?!?! %) Lordy! I'm taking one for the team by being the only girl staying with 3 old guys in Dad's Rv!

Suzy

My69Pony

I'm getting closer to being able to make it this year. I have planned for this trip since leaving Moab last year, but as they say, not all goes as planned. A couple days ago, I completely called it off, told my boys we would not be going. Well today we are at about 60/40.
By the way, has anybody out there ever installed a mini-spool. If so, how difficult is it. This one item may be the make or break for the trip.
Brian

vaquerojw

Made it! Staying at the inca I inn how to see some of you guys around.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I'm getting closer to being able to make it this year. I have planned for this trip since leaving Moab last year, but as they say, not all goes as planned. A couple days ago, I completely called it off, told my boys we would not be going. Well today we are at about 60/40.
By the way, has anybody out there ever installed a mini-spool. If so, how difficult is it. This one item may be the make or break for the trip.
Brian

The mini spools are pretty simple to install, you have to remove your third member of course. Then it's pretty much remove the cross pin, replace the spider gears with the mini spool and reinstall the cross pin. Reinstall he third member and you are good to go. Don't forget to fill it back up with oil!!! Lol