• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX SS – 1973 Ford Bronco Build

OP
OP
TX SS

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Sellers remorse :(

No, just kidding! She looks mighty nice among the Houston skyline!!

I will take care of it, don't worry! Today was the first day I've been able to get it out and put a few miles on it. Runs and drives great. Was 70+ degrees most of the day so the tires were nice and soft!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Guess there's another one for Viper's database in the "72/73 Owners Mind Your P's and Q's" thread. Check it out and post up your info if you can.
With yours being so original, it'd be a good reference guide for others. In fact, if you're thinking of making changes to it, make sure you take LOTS of pictures under the hood, under the truck, and inside the cab to document where all the little stuff goes.

Someone was just looking for pics of the original jack and handle mounting locations under the hood. We got some '76 and '77 pics, but their locations are different. Can you post another pic of the driver's side fender area for that reason by any chance?

Thanks

Paul

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Guess there's another one for Viper's database in the "72/73 Owners Mind Your P's and Q's" thread. Check it out and post up your info if you can.

I think this one is already in there. I can see the fuel return line on the engine and the rubber plug where the temp sensor would go.

tcb-1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
Yep, it's on Viperwolf's list. It's also the first authenticated "J" shift transfer cases built, at least on the list.

OP
OP
TX SS

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
I will get some more under hood pictures including jack and handle mounting locations and post.

OP
OP
TX SS

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Picked up a set of 15" x 6" slots today for a second set of rims. They need a good cleaning and a lot of polishing. Probably will look at running 235 75 15 BFG AT or MT.

(Picture deleted thanks to Photobucket)

Last edited:

tcb-1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
The BFG mud terrain and the GoodYear Duratrac has a good, beefy sidewall look and the tread has a semi-retro look.

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
Man I like the wheels and tires that's on it love the tires.But the tires may not be practical and if you shine them slots up it will look good that way to.

OP
OP
TX SS

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Man I like the wheels and tires that's on it love the tires.But the tires may not be practical and if you shine them slots up it will look good that way to.

I like the tire/wheel setup it has now, just picked up the slots to change it up at some point in the future.

tcb-1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
Those bias plies are causing double vision!! A smooth set of radials for when you take the girlfriend out on the town :)

bsquared

Contributor
Great job on the find!!

Mine was also a Montana ranch truck and the best thing about that was it being rust free. Congrats on finding one with a 302! That rig is in fine shape! I'll look forward to seeing it at our next get together. Cheers, Bill

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great looking Bronco, Really like those tires, however I know what you mean about wanting a set of radials

OP
OP
TX SS

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
This morning I had a local paintless dent repair guy come to the house to work on the Bronco. He was really cool and did a great job on the repairs. More interesting is he and his father both worked in the Michigan plant where Broncos were built back in the day. He talked about the trucks and Broncos rolling off the line as well as the bucking jig used. He worked PDR at the plant until around 2000 on Expeditions/Navigators that were dinged up in assembly.

He was here about 3.5 hours and I had him work 5 panels - hood, L/R front fender and L/R front doors. There were 3 severe dents (top of passenger fender, bottom of passenger fender through body line and bottom of driver fender through body line) and probably 15 smaller dings. The one area he couldn't fix (and wouldn't even try) was the passenger rocker panel which looks like it ran up against a stump or similar at some point. Below are pictures of the results.

Attachments

• IMG_3617.jpg
    IMG_3617.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3680.jpg
    IMG_3680.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3621.jpg
    IMG_3621.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3672.jpg
    IMG_3672.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3618.jpg
    IMG_3618.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3675.jpg
    IMG_3675.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3673.jpg
    IMG_3673.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
OP
OP
TX SS

TX SS

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Received and installed my new parking lamp lenses today. Doug replaced all the other lenses with NOS pieces so wanted to follow the standard he set. I was looking for and bought a set of NOS Ford amber lenses and then the next day found a set of NOS Ford clear lenses for a 1960s F100 truck. I thought the clear might blend better with the white grill so I decided to buy them too. New bases and gaskets are courtesy of Wild Horses. Here is the end result.

Attachments

• IMG_3698.jpg
    IMG_3698.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3696.jpg
    IMG_3696.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3695.jpg
    IMG_3695.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3694.jpg
    IMG_3694.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3690.jpg
    IMG_3690.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3691.jpg
    IMG_3691.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3697.jpg
    IMG_3697.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I thought I was going to prefer the amber, but I like those clear on there! Nice.

Paul