• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NC 74 Sport original unrestored uncut

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcisco

Note: I had to put a price there in order to post this message. I am not sure if I am selling the truck. 18,000.00 is a number I just put there to get the post up.

Link to image gallery:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/337wv7kn6/

Took these pics today 1.6.19. I am unsure if I will be selling the Bronco but I recently received an offer so I'm hoping to get a good idea of the value of the truck from you experts. I did read the post in the Selling section regarding the base value. The offer I received is higher than that suggested amount but lower as compared to what I've seen sell on Ebay.

The wheels are not stock.

1974 Bronco Sport model
Automatic
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Air Conditioning (it's there I never hooked it up)
Two reserve fuel tanks (they are removed but I still have them)
Bikini Top

New in box:
foam and upholstery for both front seats
rubber weather stripping
a transmission pan seal kit from Bronco Graveyard

Not new in box:
AC ductwork and compressor
ashtray
steering wheel horn bar
misc

The pics that don't seem to show anything are the inside of each wheel well. The rust shots are the tailgate, the seams of the rear quarter panels and some on the hood.

Two extra fuel tanks were added to the truck. I removed them to flush and reseal but I didn't complate that job. I still have both tanks. The tanks are filled through a pipe that sticks up through the floorboard. That is why there are circles cut in the floor near both front seats.

I have the rear seat in storage - its in great shape, no tears.

Mileage is original. I am the 4th owner. Truck is originally from Texas and has been in North Carolina since the 80s.

I have new in the box seat foam and upholstery for the front seats. I have used the ruck as a truck and have had kids and dogs jumping in and out so I never put the new stuff in. I also have new rubber water seals. It is a fun truck to have and drive.

I have the original spare tire and tire cover, sun shades and wiper motor cover.

AC compressor and duct work are in a box along with the ashtray and anything else that came extra when I bought it or anything that I have removed.

It leaks a little oil from the top and some power steering fluid leaks too.

I recently had the transmission rebuilt, maybe 100 miles ago. Refurb carb added about 50 miles ago.

I have used the truck to pick up stuff from Lowes and to deliver garden sculptures that I make, pick up the kids from school and just run around town. The previous owner is a friend of mine who used it pretty much the same. He said he bought it from the lady who drove it here from Texas.

Everything is original except the paint (was originally yellow). An electronic ignition and choke were added.

IMPORTANT- the truck has a Salvage Title. A guy hit me on the drivers side just a few months after I bought it. Insurance company totaled it due to that damage. You can see the damage in the pics of the drivers side door and front quarter panel. There are some stickers covering it but the metal is not torn, just creased with some rust.

I replaced the ignition and key cylinder and solenoid trying to track down a problem with drain on the battery. That's why the ignition is hanging there - I was going to redo the wiring but haven't yet.

No sag in the doors. Truck is solid.

So, body damage, some rust - the floor under the vinyl flooring has some surface rust but no holes - some drips, windshield is cracked, upholstery is rough, dash pad is cracked.

The power steering has a problem somewhere. Steering is a bit unsteady in curves - a major reason why I only drive it now and then.

Thanks for any feedback.

I need to keep a truck around for work. I would accept cash along with an older model pickup that is in good mechanical condition. I don't need a show truck but I do enjoy having an older truck. 50's to 70's and love trucks that look like Apaches.

Deathmobile2

Cash & Trade for my dad’s 68? Power steering, power brakes, 3/4 ton, new tires, 350 with 4spd manual, factory Detroit locker.

84e2e840f73006e5fc60107cdfbaa1d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
D

dcisco

Thats a cool one but I'm really looking for something older. Thanks for the post though.

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Insurance totaled it due to the small crease on the door and front fender????

Surprised they did with the minimal cosmetic damage in the pictures.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Insurance totaled it due to the small crease on the door and front fender????

Surprised they did with the minimal cosmetic damage in the pictures.

NC registrations list value on Broncos at $600-$800, so it wouldn’t take much damage to total one.

OP
OP
D

dcisco

True. The insurance adjuster owned a Bronco and understood my anger but said he had to go by the book. In their records the Bronco is listed as a "Farm Truck". I even offered to go buy the replacement parts, but no deal. At least I was able to buy it back.

OP
OP
D

dcisco

Pops that's something I should recall, but I don't remember the amount. It wasn't very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.