• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stainless steel vent shades (Not mine) (ebay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Been looking for a set for a few years now.....but at these prices it sure won’t be happening. Still surprised no one has started manufacturing them again, there’s obviously a market for them lol.

The original manufacturer has been asked to make them again but refuses to, no idea why.

UNCbronco

Contributor
You would think someone on here would manufacturer some to sell. I would buy a set for myself. Let me know when you have them ready. Thanks

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I personally spoke with the manufacturer and they will not make them again. I even asked for a limited run and I would buy them all as a one off order (do a group buy at cost for the member's here).

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you look at it from the stand point that some of these folks are paying over 100k for a Bronco. I guess 300 for a piece of trim isn't so bad. I wouldn't pay that much but it puts it in perspective for the crazy prices.

Hey Langester,
That’s a pretty good guess......wanna pick 6 numbers for tonight or tomorrow night?;D

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
If you look at it from the stand point that some of these folks are paying over 100k for a Bronco. I guess 300 for a piece of trim isn't so bad. I wouldn't pay that much but it puts it in perspective for the crazy prices.

Been looking for a set for a few years now.....but at these prices it sure won’t be happening.

I decided to spend my $300 on new stainless hinges and shims. The vent shades would have looked great but the doors would be leaning against the wall ;D

OP
OP
langester

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Hey Langester,
That’s a pretty good guess......wanna pick 6 numbers for tonight or tomorrow night?;D

Sorry I wasn't fast enough to get you those numbers, they would have been wrong anyways I am sure! Here ya go for next time though: 4,29,35,46,63,12.
Ha!

Pops68

Contributor
Bronco Rookie
Loc.
Bazetta Township
Would stainless vent shades from an F150 of same era work???? Pretty sure my dad had a 1976 F150 and I am positive he had the stainless vent shades on it.

Just not 100% sure on year of truck. Pretty sure it was mid 70's era.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Would stainless vent shades from an F150 of same era work???? Pretty sure my dad had a 1976 F150 and I am positive he had the stainless vent shades on it.

Just not 100% sure on year of truck. Pretty sure it was mid 70's era.

No, the door and window frames are different in size and shape.

Those would fit a '78-'79 big Bronco.

Tugross302

I have a new set of both. Early bronco and full-size/ truck. The bends are a little different. I bought them both back in the 80’s. Not sure why I bought the full-size ones since I never owned one. Last year I went to a few mom and pop parts stores around here hoping someone had a set or two lying in the back somewhere. No luck though. One guy was very helpful and got out his old vent shade catalog. We found the part number and he called and found out they quit making them about 10-15 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.