• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does someone make a Bronco push in dipstick tube like this?

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
Just trying to find something that will help stop the leak from this style tube. Really just want one with the raised part to help plug the hole in the pan.

Attachments

• Dipstick tube.jpg
    Dipstick tube.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 35

fordtrucksrule

What i found that was leaking on my stock oil pan was the flange to the oil pan side was leaking causing a lot of headaches. what i did was i got a lokar dipstick that was the pan push in type and i took my pan off then i drilled out the old rivets and took it all apart then cleaned everything up and reassembled using black rtv and 10-32 screws and leak fixed.

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
I know that this particular pan was leaking around the rivets, so I drilled them out and welded this thing inside and out. It's not pretty, but I know she won't leak from the plates. I could swear I've seen a Bronco dipstick tube with that sort of flange. It serves just like someone said, as a stopper for the hole in the pan and I believe there was some sort of rubber gasket below it to help seal things. Anyone? Maybe I've lost my mind.

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
Is this what you are looking for?

Attachments

• Oil pan 001.jpg
    Oil pan 001.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 91
OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Contributor
Retired U.S. Air Force
No brother, I have one of these on my 72. I'm just trying to find a better push in tube for the 67. Thanks though.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
What i found that was leaking on my stock oil pan was the flange to the oil pan side was leaking causing a lot of headaches. what i did was i got a lokar dipstick that was the pan push in type and i took my pan off then i drilled out the old rivets and took it all apart then cleaned everything up and reassembled using black rtv and 10-32 screws and leak fixed.
I do about the same thing except I use the stock parts and 1/4-20 nuts and bolts. Never had one leak.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I use a little of the RTV that I use to seal the cup in. Just a thin film around the tube just before I push it in.