• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Master Picture List of Original Colors

lomarker

Color Assistance Greenish

Hoping for some paint color assistance. 74 that has been altered with color. Original code is U - Limestone Green Met. Not sure of this new color or what year it might be from? Thinking maybe Caribbean turquoise or reef aqua? Thanks for any ideas.

Attachments

• Driver green.jpg
    Driver green.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 36
  • passenger green.jpg
    passenger green.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 31

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's closer to Holly Green I believe. But it's hard to tell if you get a factory color or not, as that has never been much of a deal with Bronco owners. At least not until recently when the collectible status started rising. Before that, it was your rig so you painted it whatever color you wanted. And since so many of the Bronco colors were strangely non-exciting back then (though now those same colors are nostalgically cooler than cool) many, maybe even most got painted some other color.
For years the Jeep and Fiat and Toyota versions of colors that were close to Ford colors were popular. And rightly so as they were very good looking on the Bronco's square body.

But other than the darkness of yours (though that could be the camera) it looks like Holly or maybe Hunter Green.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hoping for some paint color assistance. 74 that has been altered with color. Original code is U - Limestone Green Met. Not sure of this new color or what year it might be from? Thinking maybe Caribbean turquoise or reef aqua? Thanks for any ideas.

would agree w/P.. someone is bound to have that color and will confirm I'm sure

grant_71

Bronco Guru
So this 77, I was told by the owners is an original color, but the closest I can see on the 77 paint chips is "Medium Emerald"

Attachments

• Green 77.jpg
    Green 77.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 41

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What color does it list on the Warranty Plate riveted to the glovebox door? Looks at least close to one of the originals, but anything that's been re-sprayed in it's life is subject to lots of variables.
But it looks pretty "Bronco-ish" from here.

Paul

grant_71

Bronco Guru
Unfortunately that pic is probably 13-14 years old. It was at the Hudsonville Ford show, coincidently the owner ended up being a person I went to HS with that I have no contact with. At the time it never occurred to me to check the paint code on the VIN.

I actually am thinking of using that, or a similar color on my IH Travelall.

What color does it list on the Warranty Plate riveted to the glovebox door? Looks at least close to one of the originals, but anything that's been re-sprayed in it's life is subject to lots of variables.
But it looks pretty "Bronco-ish" from here.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
So this 77, I was told by the owners is an original color, but the closest I can see on the 77 paint chips is "Medium Emerald"

Unfortunately that pic is probably 13-14 years old. It was at the Hudsonville Ford show, coincidently the owner ended up being a person I went to HS with that I have no contact with. At the time it never occurred to me to check the paint code on the VIN.

I actually am thinking of using that, or a similar color on my IH Travelall.

Nice Grant... Good to know the history