• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

IL Scam 66 ?

Rockyballbuster

The CL listing was in NH, I texted the owner yesterday. They replied today. and said that they and the truck were in Champaign, IL. Owner gave me some cockamamie story about how they listed it with a 3rd party... blah, blah. The NH CL post has been pulled since. Area code of owner is 217.

Text to me:

"This is a very nice turn the key 1966 Collectors Bronco and its believed by previous owner which is a bronco enthusiast to be one of first 300 of production line off the line in 1966 but not decoded or confirmed tho."

The VIN plate pic only shows:

015GLJ20409
092 P U150 9J

Haven't heard from owner after asking why it was priced so low.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Hitting Prohibited on these ads feels like playing Whack-a-Mole but I still do it.

namrekcad

I fell for it and texted more info. Then seen add in many states. He called and by his voice and incomplete sentences knew it was scam. Just a repainted flipper. Prob roll ya when you show up with cash. Just my opinion
Beware

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I fell for it and texted more info. Then seen add in many states. He called and by his voice and incomplete sentences knew it was scam. Just a repainted flipper. Prob roll ya when you show up with cash. Just my opinion
Beware

they are abundant these days...

SurfCityEB66

Contributor
he's now posting in the inland empire and hooked a fireman buddy..... until he asked my thoughts. The price was the first giveaway... I immediately said SCAM!! lol I knew to check here.
Thanks CB

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OMRebel23

This is my bronco.... It is in my garage in Louisiana, and not for sale. Most definitely a scam!!

namrekcad

This is my bronco.... It is in my garage in Louisiana, and not for sale. Most definitely a scam!!

Well they all say its not fore sale until they get a great offer,,,will you take 16,100.00 cash?

kidding

Nice bronco,,
better get low jack on it just in case scammer steels it,,, crazy world

ptwist

OMRebel23, literally laughed out loud at your post. I hit the prohibited on the adds and think to myself does the scam ever actually work, is someone wiring 16K to someone only emails?