• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Window Felt/Anti-Rattle Kits?

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
I've got a BCBroncos power window kit to install and if I'm breaking down the doors; I might as replace the broken/broke off/missing felts.

Looking at the major vendors (BGY - WH - TBP - DC - LMC) and all of them have a 10/12 piece kit for approximately $200.

Anyone have specific dealings with each kit and have a preference?
OR
Any tricks on install or things that I need to double check/make sure I have on hand? (Grease, new panel clips, etc)

bam

Contributor
Loc.
Laurel, Ms
im also looking to buy anti rattle kit who has the best quality or oem fit

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
I did mine so long ago the vendor doesn't even exist anymore lol, If I remember correctly it was pretty easy. I just looked it up on Rock Auto and they were 196.00 for a complete set.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I got mine from Tom’s and had no problems. It’s an easy install. Make sure you get the lower rear window track unless you know yours are good. They tend to break loose from the brackets after years of closing the doors with the windows down... particularly if you have stiff door seals and have to slam the hell out of the doors.

Might as well spend 2 more bucks and replace your roller bushing while you are in there scratching around.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Just had a friend call me this am about an anti rattle kit he bought and they don't SNAP into place...they stay in place OK, but the metal on them is about 1/2 the gauge as the original metal on the antirattle kit and the original snaps in place tight...

Any thoughts... anybody replace a set and they snap in tight???

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Any thoughts... anybody replace a set and they snap in tight???

I remember that mine were not as heavy as the originals but were heavier than I expected when dealing with reproduction parts. I can’t compare Tom’s to others, since I have only used Tom’s, but they fit just fine and the glass is tight.

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Call Delconick at eastcoastbronco,
he told me his are the best ones available. He said they are different then most other suppliers.

OP
OP
JaxLax

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Might as well spend 2 more bucks and replace your roller bushing while you are in there scratching around.

This is the kind of stuff I was looking for.
Yeah, makes sense, but the arm on my power kit has a new bushing already. ;D

Also seen where some people say to stay away from lithium since it can freeze, but I'm in FL and used it on my last two broncos' windows and never had an issue. Mostly because it doesn't really freeze here. :cool:

OP
OP
JaxLax

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Call Delconick at eastcoastbronco,
he told me his are the best ones available. He said they are different then most other suppliers.

No offense to anyone or any vendor, but they all say that.
Anyone want to send me some cash and I'll just spend $1000 and we'll settle this the easy way. Order them all at once and see what happens.

Yes, I'm advocating the lamest SHOOTOUT video in history.