• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

JaxLax builds a Family LUBR

OP
OP
JaxLax

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
My favorite saying, "its always something!".

/sees reviews stating "4 hour install!"
//"slides right in!"
///"built to work with specific headers!"

Probably had 4 hours in the removal of the old system alone (all pipes rusted together, bolts on clamps popping/stripping, getting manifolds out around AC pipes, removing old hangers and stuff).
Then doing the same header yoga to find the one angle to get them to drop in around the AC stuff [ended up removing a valve cover and undoing some wire looming to get that .5" of spread needed].
Then I decided on a quieter muffler than the std options [you can order the system sans muffler]. The body is 3" longer according to flowmasters website. I ended up cutting about 7" off (3 pieces) by the time I was done. %) Wanted it to exit in the stock location, use stock heat shield, and use the hangers meant I needed some out of the mid pipe before and some out of the exit pipe after.

Plus the constant kid interruptions and daylight constrictions took the better part of my weekend to get it in and tested. :p

Jaxgtc

/sees reviews stating "4 hour install!"
//"slides right in!"
///"built to work with specific headers!"

Probably had 4 hours in the removal of the old system alone (all pipes rusted together, bolts on clamps popping/stripping, getting manifolds out around AC pipes, removing old hangers and stuff).
Then doing the same header yoga to find the one angle to get them to drop in around the AC stuff [ended up removing a valve cover and undoing some wire looming to get that .5" of spread needed].
Then I decided on a quieter muffler than the std options [you can order the system sans muffler]. The body is 3" longer according to flowmasters website. I ended up cutting about 7" off (3 pieces) by the time I was done. %) Wanted it to exit in the stock location, use stock heat shield, and use the hangers meant I needed some out of the mid pipe before and some out of the exit pipe after.

Plus the constant kid interruptions and daylight constrictions took the better part of my weekend to get it in and tested. :p

And now its cold as heck. In the 40's! Ok, that one was a softball for all of you where it is really cold to pile on. ;-)