• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hope this is not a stupid question....

valveamp

I have a previous post where I mentioned that my Autolite 4100 carb broke near the mounting hole. Now, I have a replacement. I think part of the problem was that I was running the stock air cleaner housing but without the support bracket that comes off the passenger side exhaust manifold. My question is which mounting bolt is the support bracket supposed to mount to? I suppose it may not matter as I can move the air horn around, a little, but I would like to get it back to the factory location. Like I said, maybe it's a stupid question......

Thanks.

Readhead

Bear with me on my 69 I believe it was on the rear exhaust bolt of # 3 on a stud of the exhaust manifold

Hotrodjohn

Factory it was the 3rd exhaust manifold bolt back from the front. It is a bolt with a stud on the end for a nut to hold the bracket. The OEM set up allows to remove bracket from manifold side without loosening manifold bolt.

OP
OP
V

valveamp

OK. Thanks. I don't think I have the stud. I'll check. If not, are the bolt/studs available somewhere?

Hotrodjohn

Dorman makes a exhaust manifold bolt set that has one the will work or you could probably find some used originals on eBay. Otherwise just bolt it on with manifold using a bolt.

OP
OP
V

valveamp

Thanks. There is a bolt specialty place nearby. I'll stop by there and see if they have something. They specialize in automotive related fasteners. I already removed the manifold bolt. Came out surprisingly easy. If it's that easy, probably won't be a problem if I have to remove the bracket in the future and I don't have the stud. I've had them in the past where they were so hard to get out that I thought i may break off the bolt in the head.