• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early Bronco Aftermarket Seats: 06 Jetta

bradform

Question. Has anyone heard of using seats from a VW Jetta in an early model Bronco? Specifically from a 2006 VW Jetta. I remember reading a post about someone using seats from and Audi A4, but couldn't find it again while searching to verify. Thanks.

brianstrange

Bronco Guru
Question. Has anyone heard of using seats from a VW Jetta in an early model Bronco? Specifically from a 2006 VW Jetta. I remember reading a post about someone using seats from and Audi A4, but couldn't find it again while searching to verify. Thanks.

I have a set that I've been thinking about using. They are the most comfortable seats I've ever had. I have a 2006TDI Jetta, and have made many long trips. In fact, since owning the car my back problems went away.

OP
OP
B

bradform

Thanks for the reply and info. If you try them, please let me know how it works and what you had to do (did you use the stock rails, etc...). I think the post I saw for the A4 said the driver's side was close to a direct bolt in (hard as that is to believe). I've never had an aftermarket seat in an EB, so wasn't sure what I'd be getting into.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Just make sure you can mount them as close as possible to the floor, low, low, low.
Keep us posted. I want to see some photos of your install.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I have an 05 GLI with the RECAROS in it ive been eyeballing pretty hard. Lol. Keep us informed

agboy91

Loc.
Bishop, GA
Do you all have the measurements on the rear seats from the Jetta and could they fit on a fabricated farme? Thx.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I have wondere that too. I will have to measure and see.......

Ok. So the jetta rear seat is a split fold down that the seat bottoms fold forward and the back lays down so you would have to make some sort of mount for all that. Also it is 43" wide which is 3" too wide but if you were gonna do it you woukd need to custom make everything or graft in parts of the jetta body. So if you were gonna do all that then wheel tub modification wouldnt be a no go reason. Lol

Tstinnett

Here are 08 Jetta buckets in the process of going in my 76. Not a direct bolt in but the rail is flat with a tiny lip on the front edge that needs to be removed. I can post more pics and measurements if your interested.

itXo-UaZ1M02TYua6k5fGqqjh7tDMuKd_0ejIxZTeVUgV_gO29oZizM9qQRutwqUrgbG8vXTShhMVWjsXgxgdZk-BLoAKiFm9WwAzmchXJ-eLd3KOl-Lx2lmYJaS81jKqbis3Q

OP
OP
B

bradform

Tstinnett,

If you could post more pics and measurements, that would be great. I haven't picked my seats up yet, as they're two hours away from my location (I may see if I can find some closer). Question. The guys with the seats said I could get the seat belt also. Did you plan to use them on yours? That seems like a good upgrade if it's possible.

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Is the seat belt buckle built into the seat? What about the retractor?

Tstinnett

The buckle is built into the seat. The retractor/belt is attached to the car. I should have pulled the belts and retractors when I pulled the seats.

I'll get more exact measurements on the seats today. The rails are too wide to retain the factory lap belts. Very close, but I think it would be equal work to retain them or go to a three point shoulder belt. I tried with them in place but pulled them to get the seats where I wanted them and get clearance for a console. I'm going three point using the buckle attached to the seat and roll bar.

The seat pans on the bottom of the seats are very low. Drivers side is equal to or a 1/8 in of the bottom of the rails. Tight, but the seat slides freely. Passenger needed roughly 1/4 shimming in the rear to clear the floor, the pan is slightly below the rails.

Tstinnett

Bad angle, but 21 inches wide to the outside edge of the brackets, 21 an a half no more than 22 total width for the seats.

0hVrhCjiglwTJa4EbsQJhOSAymwc8Rvvdz3tUZTP9g-8_oU3pjGDMX0nN5DQaj83bP58PKUMjj1ZSzTNaTqCuIMdEjY4omIfC6GQalOW5luv5_JsfkqXJRpMZmaXRsBFSDpm5A

6 1/2 to lowest side bolster, actual seat bottom is probably an inch lower at the seating surface.

olMzJywrK0m0-PsRIKEUEuBNVQSTlXT_cEb5OOOx3VcNqY8RiYqpPG-nsS2Rzc9X_SwoXGhinM9llwCiRbKEn7iAUqyXf0fOPmr5FFUBQyjIa8xD55srBl-73pR7LkgJU686UA

9 1/2 highest part of the front bolster, again seating surface an inch below.

MUiF0Kxv1gtmCqjulWHVJ2xSy3e8zwS9l5LNgNlnSI7BWsf51yEJhmg8qDiWQ5nFfA4dzXsHn1mk730PA1Knt8kdsZphzqh0GbWvhn5hzA0mHnz2zdasq0ZAMTMPayg3fDugug

6 inches to the steering wheel at the absolute highest part of the seat bottom.

peGoMzkYbL1oC5LmchDWUzDVlQO4gONcmZR3xG4MJfy5NOLYmR3l_sggP0-pU2RJusu7d1ZjNI4DuTT4VSe0mWwRwKTUHZqSmz31dpoURqjy5JBxKj7NBp6j3S8c6V1ssisZfg

Last edited:

Tstinnett

In action, for the vertically challenged. Probably a foot of slide, I'm hitting rollbar all the way back with the trim in the earlier pictures. They'll go another 3 inches back. Probably 5 inches upward.

6FhHHxBwiUjH_Gv_wGjsprp2QTtb89fNPZKv9SG2iVlv6rHPVPbzKzjFtAiSoQMV9TdEksXWmHBosQdZU9MHqo-Xd9zxMC_soAKYbzR_NH2LxOU8NsLRwVY07xE6r1kR_vMROg

8VhZQ4_EXuV3tGzBWy5jrLXfwJzfzEGeDKUEOpMCJdA8lM_YY0mdPidC7pz2dgc5HYkCHN8TMZXMKQZKLxknTlkUxX_poQTuFKXBdPWyQBakFYFqrFKlFcg2LHG5y2PA0kNljw

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
Those look pretty sweet! thanks for posting all the pics and dimensions. Putting them on my list of stuff to look for next time I am junking...

brianstrange

Bronco Guru
Did you hook up the heated seats (If these have them?) also, the drivers side bottom bolster tends to wear. I have removed passenger side upholstery on the base, and installed on the drivers side. I'm considering installing mine, and grafting the rear seat upholstery on the Bronco seat.