• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TN Selling #6 of 1966

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
smellsfishy.gif

Not getting fuzzy feelings about this one, Posts in the earliest Bronco thread, Posts the "Warranty" tag, Most who are not purist always call it a VIN tag. Posted in his garage about a 302 swap and the mounts were cut, yet looks like the 170 has never been removed. Thinking popcorn may be a good thing for watching this thread..

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
smellsfishy.gif

Not getting fuzzy feelings about this one, Posts in the earliest Bronco thread, Posts the "Warranty" tag, Most who are not purist always call it a VIN tag. Posted in his garage about a 302 swap and the mounts were cut, yet looks like the 170 has never been removed. Thinking popcorn may be a good thing for watching this thread..

SAY WHAT???
You're basing your fuzzy feelings on the word "warranty" and that you think the motor looks like it's never been removed based on that one crap sideways picture??? C'mon man!!!
Are you trying to run off a newb who might quite possibly have the second earliest Bronco ever(that's been in his family for 50 years), or are you trying to run the rest of us off???
Now, it does kind of stink that he won't PM potential buyers back. I want to see and hear more about 005! Lets give him a chance.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Still wanting to know what his asking price is since we have a fully restored, award winning, first week production U13. He has had to have thought about this and come up with a number that will be acceptable.

It is a hard one to place a value on, especially in its current condition (mostly there, but not survivor condition and needing a full and expensive restoration). It's also only of interest at an significantly increased price over market to a very select few since it is not #000 or 001.

My concern would be paying an overly inflated amount, then doing a top notch restoration and ending up with close to 6 figures or better in it and then with my luck, 000-004 would pop up just before I was done! Doh!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Still wanting to know what his asking price is since we have a fully restored, award winning, first week production U13. He has had to have thought about this and come up with a number that will be acceptable.

It is a hard one to place a value on, especially in its current condition (mostly there, but not survivor condition and needing a full and expensive restoration). It's also only of interest at an significantly increased price over market to a very select few since it is not #000 or 001.

My concern would be paying an overly inflated amount, then doing a top notch restoration and ending up with close to 6 figures or better in it and then with my luck, 000-004 would pop up just before I was done! Doh!

Or the day after I bought it and put the info in the earliest build thread.............this is the way my world works lol.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Be nice id there was a way to verify what has been sent to the crusher!

k13evin

Loc.
Chattanooga
Maybe give it time. Im sure who ever got the first shot on buying it is going to check all that. Or I would hope they would.
If he's not PMing you back he's probably got a deal going already.

camp9k

Attachments

• IMG_20160914_101146.jpg
    IMG_20160914_101146.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_20160914_100608512.jpg
    IMG_20160914_100608512.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 198

Revelation

Bronco Guru
SAY WHAT???
You're basing your fuzzy feelings on the word "warranty" and that you think the motor looks like it's never been removed based on that one crap sideways picture??? C'mon man!!!
Are you trying to run off a newb who might quite possibly have the second earliest Bronco ever(that's been in his family for 50 years), or are you trying to run the rest of us off???
Now, it does kind of stink that he won't PM potential buyers back. I want to see and hear more about 005! Lets give him a chance.

Not just on that Baja, the whole thing, including not returning P.M.s.
Not trying to run anyone off.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
The bronco is ligit. I went and looked at it a few days ago. Super nice guy with a really cool bronco. I actually have been looking for this bronco for about 10 yrs, and didn't realize this was the same bronco I had been looking for. It was bought new by his grandfather and used at their families RV dealship to move campers around the lot. I had heard about the old bronco from a couple of the employees at the dealership. Rik, the grandson inherited it years ago. To top it off the RV dealership celebrated their 50th year in business this year too.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Do you think those are the rivets they used the first day of production??

No, one of ours is a first week production and it had the special rivets like all others.

If they had screws or pop rivets, the tag was removed at one point. Might have been for a kick panel repair, or? As long as the frame VIN matches, no big deal.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
I don't think it's a big deal either but, I think FORD had a protocol, and the rivets that are seen on 90+% of the trim tags were part of that protocol. Maybe if they ran out for a few minutes or the rivet gun jammed or whatever, screws or a different style FORD rivet was used in the interim. When you order factory correct rivets from Kevin Marti, there is one specific rivet he sends. Personally, if I see anything other than that specific rivet, I don't think it's factory. "Not that there's anything wrong with it"!

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
36 has big screws if I remember correctly. I'll get a pic. I always assumed they were not original since the Shelby Bronco's etching has rivets.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 139
Status
Not open for further replies.