• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Can I interchange the fuel filler neck from a 76 to a 77 Bronco?

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
I am installing quarter panel armor plating on the driver's side. It will cover up my fuel door. I was thinking of installing a flip up gas cap but I need to change the fuel filler neck. I was wondering if a 1966-1976 fuel filler neck would work on my 1977 Bronco's gas tank? Are they the same length? I have a 23 gallon standard rear main fuel tank.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
They are different the 77 neck is shorter because its receesed into the body hence the filler door. While the early filler necks are longer and may work as you would move its mounting piont to the new panel and with only maybe 1/4" differance the hose should still hook up although you may need a new hose as I think the 77 filler tube is smaller diameter. I think I would just build a door for the panel as well and retain the 77 recessed filler.

OP
OP
Evian

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
I want the fuel filler neck to bolt to the body just like the 66-76 models. I will be relocating the filler neck to a different spot this summer. Currently I will it have it visible from the wheel well so I can fill the Bronco up. Reason why, I still have to install my Gorilla Wheel Flares. I need to cut my quarters and recut my armor plate. Then I will relocate the gas filler neck. Work..work ....work........If the filler tube is smaller I will use a coupler and a couple of clamps to tie it together. Hopefully it will work.