• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fitech Wiring and Vac

Jp76

Loc.
Cave Creek, AZ
Hey Guys - I am nearing the end of my FiTech install. I am running a plain distributor with an old MSD 6AL box and Blaster Coil and EZ harness.
1. The Fitech asks to hook up their coolant temp sensor; how do I still get the temp to display on my dash? Do I splice into theirs?
2. The Brake Booster vac currently hooks into a split from the back of the intake; the FiTech says to plug it into one of their ports - should I just leave that plugged on the FiTech or use FiTech's vac port and plug the other on the manifold?

Thanks!! Jim

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
For your coolant - install a T fitting or get a water neck that bolts to the intake that has a port on the top for a sensor. I commonly see people use pipe T fitting to get two sensors from one source.

I didn't think the booster should be on anything but it's own dedicated run. although I don't think it will make any difference being on manifold or from the Fi-Tech. Test - does the RPM change when applying the brakes at idle in park?

OP
OP
Jp76

Jp76

Loc.
Cave Creek, AZ
Thanks Kyle - yeah, my concern was if the Fitech needed to have the booster vac attached to it in order to run properly. I will try it both ways - right now the booster is attached to a splitter into the manifold with other Vacs (looks like there are more vacs than the old Holley could handle). Appreciate the intel. Any input on the coolant sensor issue?

nickgp

Bronco Guru
Sorry guys. I was incorrect. My intake manifold has two locations for temp sensors. Running stock temp sensor wire from pass side and the fi tech sensor on driver side

g-71

I bought the thermostat housing with the plugged tap in the top, I run the fi tech sensor on the thermostat housing and the original sensor in the manifold.

KeithKinPhx

Like g71 I bought a new aluminum thermostat housing from Wild Horses. It has a port on top. It was like $20. The sensor on my manifold goes to the FiTech and the thermostat goes to the dash. Not sure I would share a sensor.

The booster vacuum goes to the largest pipe on bottom of FiTech unit. My distributor advance uses the ported line from the FiTech. The only thing hooked to the manifold vacuum is the old vacuum wipers.