• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

JD2 Model 32 Bender

t120r

Anyone here have the JD2 Model 32 bender? I'm thinking of buying one. I'm just wondering if it can bend 1-3/4" x 0.250 manually or if you need hydraulics.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I bent 1 1/2” with a manual. The back of the die broke where it attaches to the pin. Just needed to beef it up a bit. Also used a cheater for some leverage. I only bent it 6* for making a drag link. Are you bending up some Lars Bars?

Mark

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
i have one but built a air over hydrolic setup using a harbor freight ram. If you need a ram its fairly easy to build the mounts yourself.

Cooper

Loc.
Northeast
I realize you are asking about a tube bender but if you are only in need of 3 or 4 pieces maybe purchasing pre-bent sections is a cheaper solution for you.

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/R1982-01.html

Ruffstuff sells pre-bent DOM sections; other fabrication shops should as well. Maybe you even have one close to you and can save on shipping.

Anyway... it's just an idea. Good luck with your project.

OP
OP
T

t120r

I realize you are asking about a tube bender but if you are only in need of 3 or 4 pieces maybe purchasing pre-bent sections is a cheaper solution for you.

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/R1982-01.html

Ruffstuff sells pre-bent DOM sections; other fabrication shops should as well. Maybe you even have one close to you and can save on shipping.

Anyway... it's just an idea. Good luck with your project.

That would have been nice to know 2 days ago.:) I broke down and bought the bender.

I am currently just making an upper link, but it will come in handy in fabricating many other things I'm sure.