• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4.88s or 5.13s

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
At that point I guess it won't matter...once you get that deep of gear you're in the game for real, lol. Your rig is also prolly pretty dang light and that helps too.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
4000lbs

i regeared the rear 2 falls ago with 4.88 and im just not happy with how low it is on the street. I saw 5.13 gears are easy to find and when i struggled finding 5.38 for the rear i just ordered the 5.13.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Those damn 37's are pushing you into this gearing situation....but 37's are so killer on an eb.
They look huge on our little eb's.

As long as you're not beating on it seems you'd be fine.
I know how invested your are in this eb so maybe you won't be too hard on it, lol....

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
ya im going 5.38......whats the worse that can happen....pinion gear chips some teeth off and i have to rebuild it again? I love doing things twice or three times on the bronco....keeps us connected.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
hey bronconut73....thanks for the link to Quick Performance. I called them and may have them just build me a complete 9" section with ARB and them 5.38 gears. He said for $35 they will get it to me safety. There right in desmoines, iowa or close and i drive by there monthly if not weekly sometimes. I was gona have Ruff Stuff build me one but this may be another option for me.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I see their logo on a lot of race cars around here Bud.

In fact that's how I knew to look them up.

Great marketing in action.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Quick Performance is where my father got all of his 35 spline 9" upgrade parts. I would recommend them as well-