• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LA Let me buy your bronco

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
exactly what is he looking for, i know someone with a nice bronco in that price range.

kmill23

I did. We've been in touch over the weekend. I was so disappointed. I went to drive it to work on Friday and I wasn't getting fire. Got gas at the carburetor and it turns over just perfect. But I couldn't get it to start. Towed it to shop Friday morning. Mike went look at it at Fishers in Baton Rouge. They told me that the MSD ignitions can sometimes just "go out," but I hadn't had a lick of trouble until Friday. It's never not started on me the first try.

Anyway, they were checking it out today they are supposed to call me tomorrow. I let Mike know that. Hopefully it's a simple fix. I want to make sure it's right before I get her back home. Hopefully Mike and I can get together and let him drive it and really check it over this week.

kmill23

I did. We've been in touch over the weekend. I was so disappointed. I went to drive it to work on Friday and I wasn't getting fire. Got gas at the carburetor and it turns over just perfect. But I couldn't get it to start. Towed it to shop Friday morning. Mike went look at it at Fishers in Baton Rouge. They told me that the MSD ignitions can sometimes just "go out," but I hadn't had a lick of trouble until Friday. It's never not started on me the first try.

Anyway, they were checking it out today they are supposed to call me tomorrow. I let Mike know that. Hopefully it's a simple fix. I want to make sure it's right before I get her back home. Hopefully Mike and I can get together and let him drive it and really check it over this week.

Sure enough. The MSD ignition box went out on me. I'm really surprised that happened like that. But anyway. It's fixed and Fisher's Automotive said "this thing is in really good shape; it really is." Which makes me feel really good now. Going pick her up this afternoon and drive her back home.

kmill23

I went and looked at the truck . It does appear to be in great shape.

Thanks Vince.

I picked it up this afternoon and it was purring just fine. Until a quarter mile down Airline when it lost fire again. I was so aggravated. Fishers towed it back and they're going to continue diagnosing the issue.

So frustrating.

John, I had a guy stop by and chat with me to see if I needed any help while I was waiting on the tow. He had some good stuff to say about you. He was a Jeep CJ owner. Commercial real estate guy. He gave me his card which is still in the Bronco, can't remember his name.

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
John, I had a guy stop by and chat with me to see if I needed any help while I was waiting on the tow. He had some good stuff to say about you. He was a Jeep CJ owner. Commercial real estate guy. He gave me his card which is still in the Bronco, can't remember his name.

Must be one of the only Jeep owners I haven't pissed off yet! I refuse to do the Jeep wave no matter how cool of a heep it is!!;D

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
send me a pm with your cell, i know where a good one is for that price range. i can call and give you details tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.