• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LED Tail Lights...Mass Buy

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
This past summer I found a LED vendor at the Portland Oregon swapmeet.He had a LED panel with 24 led's that fit Broncos and 67-72 F series trucks.
I contacted him yesterday about the availability for a Mass Buy.

This is his site www.flipflopleds.com he doesnt list the Bronco lights on his site. Here is the responce to my email........I can certainly offer a discount. I currently stock them, but haven't had time to get them on the web. Regular price is 90/pair plus $5 shipping. If you round up 10 or more guys to do a mass buy, 80 bucks/ set delivered. 20 or more sets, 75/ set delivered. For your buddies in Wa, I have to charge sales tax though. I have a couple sets in stock, but I can get more from the manufacturer pretty quickly. Remember, these fit 67-72 pickup also.

Let me know if you are interested in getting in on this. If there is enough interest I'll contact him to see how we proceed.

OP
OP
miikee73

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
His latest response......
Attached is a picture. You install by removing the original lens and bulb, plugging the panel in, and re-installing the lens. You may need to change your flasher to an electronic type, but usually if your front turn signals are still light bulb, you don't need to change the flasher (the fronts often pull enough power to make the stock type flasher operate properly)

The reverse light is not included. Due to cost, most of my guys leave a stock light bulb for the reverse. If you want LED for the backup, I have some high power 1156 bulbs available here: http://flipflopled.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=62_73&product_id=419 These throw a light out of the end only, so you want the end pointed directly backwards. I'm not very familliar with bronco and f series, but I put these bulbs in the back of my daughter's subaru SVX, and it's crazy bright (probably double the brightness of reg light bulbs) I also have some great items for your dash (194 and Ba9 bulbs) and interior dome lights. The second attachment is the dome lights of same SVX. Note the amount of light coming out of the sunroof partially open. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Might be interested. Does he have or can you get (maybe he sends you a single panel) of it installed?

OP
OP
miikee73

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Weather/water/trail proof?

Your housing,your lens...I guess if yours leak now they still will. I don't know how Led's handle vibration or if they are more prone to moisture problems.Maybe someone out there knows and will chime in...

OklahomaBroncoB

Loc.
Bixby Oklahoma
As long as the soldered portion is encapsulated/covered it should be good, the only thing i would like to check out is the soldering to see how thick/secure it is. Keep in mind i am no electrician but i have done a bunch of wiring on agricultural equipment.

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
Last edited:

66broncoCT

Contributor
Loc.
Torrington, CT
Front turn signal/parking light in the grill of my 66. I need something that doesn't go back into the grill because my radiator is right there

Bronco Biff

I'm interested. Checked out his sight and saw a few other goodies I was interested in. The led light strings look like they would make some awsome rock lights. I need some RV lights also......maybe you could talk him into a Bronco code site wide discount?

Attachments

• sgring.jpg
    sgring.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 42

AaronWelch

Loc.
Atascocita, TX.
I'm interested. Checked out his sight and saw a few other goodies I was interested in. The led light strings look like they would make some awsome rock lights. I need some RV lights also......maybe you could talk him into a Bronco code site wide discount?

you can get these at superbrightleds.com for like 7 dollars a string.

Bronco Biff

you can get these at superbrightleds.com for like 7 dollars a string.

Yeah, i had tried to place an order with them and got hung up with the whole foreign trade issue. I know of someone who has some of them and seen them first hand....but still I did not have a smooth transaction.

greatguy57078

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I might be interested in a couple sets if we can get more info on them. How do they compare quality wise with the Dakota Digital LEDs?