• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Are EB driver seats the same as Mustang ones?

slim811

Contributor
I know passenger seats are Bronco specific. Driver's seat look to be like Mustang seats from 1965 to early 70. Thanks

Last edited:

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I think some Mercs and Ford Vans as well as Falcons all have that same generic seat, with each car having unique brackets bolted to the seat. It was a very basic seat. Some old Mustangs seem to have the same seat with the addition of a head rest.
Some old Mercs look like they have the same seat frame with different foam and covers.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Some of the mid 60's T bird seats look alot like'm also

Major Tom

Contributor
I have been told the early ones used two drivers side mustang seats. the passenger seat could not be used because when it folded ,it folded to the center and that would not give you access to the rear seat

jckkys

Bronco Guru
There does seem to be some correlation in the model year. The '66-'67 Mustang seat upholstery is different than the '68,'69 Mustang and the '66-'77 Bronco. The '69 Mustang seat frame has provision for head rests like the '69-'77 Bronco. This upgrade works with the double fold Bronco pass seat. As the Major says the Bronco uses Mustang driver seat frames on both sides.

gambling209

the early bronco seats are 65-66 mustang seats. 67 mustang seats are also the same with just a different seat cover pattern. 65-66 mustang seats are the ones that you usually see in silver in broncos. the later bronco seats are 68 mustang seats. the last ones I recovered I used mustang covers. a little cheaper at the time. the head rest seats talked about are the same as the 68 seats. they are the 69 mustang bottom of the line seats. the tracks are different.

OP
OP
S

slim811

Contributor
Did the bronco seat backs remain the same through the years?

There does seem to be some correlation in the model year. The '66-'67 Mustang seat upholstery is different than the '68,'69 Mustang and the '66-'77 Bronco. The '69 Mustang seat frame has provision for head rests like the '69-'77 Bronco. This upgrade works with the double fold Bronco pass seat. As the Major says the Bronco uses Mustang driver seat frames on both sides.
66 seat back would be a silver color and patterned similar to a 66 mustang? What about later year 68-77 Broncos, What year Mustang seat back would correlate with the Broncos? Thank you, Pete

Attachments

• 65 66 mustang seat back.PNG
    65 66 mustang seat back.PNG
    65.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
My orignal backs are plastic. Replacements I have are are covered.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I have been told the early ones used two drivers side mustang seats. the passenger seat could not be used because when it folded ,it folded to the center and that would not give you access to the rear seat

This ^^^

OP
OP
S

slim811

Contributor
Ok let's see if I got this straight. A 65,66, mustang/cougar driver's seat is the same as both 66 Bronco seats. Then sometime in maybe late 68,more likely 69 the Bronco passenger seat had a hook/footman loop to secure the seat back in place. So any 68/69 mustang/cougar driver seat will still double fold to the right, but will not have the bronco specific footman loop setup. Am I correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

slim811

Contributor
^^^ Ebay list now: Vintage Ford Bronco 1966-1977 & 1964-1966 Mustang LH Bucket Seat

Sorry! Maybe someone knows how to "Please"post the ebay link, but here are pics. Notice the absence of the Footman loop, instead back release latch is located half way up on seat, but does fold to right. What seat is this?

Attachments

• #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 83
  • #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 62
  • #3.jpg
    #3.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 56
  • #4.jpg
    #4.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 56
  • #5.jpg
    #5.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 48
  • #6.jpg
    #6.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 64
  • #7.jpg
    #7.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
slim811, in an effort to help "get it straight", it can't be a 65,66 Cougar seat because the Cougar didn't come out till 1967.

Just trying to help.

Norm

OP
OP
S

slim811

Contributor
Duly noted 67 1st year for cougsr

Ok let's see if I got this straight. A 65,66, mustang/cougar driver's seat is the same as both 66 Bronco seats. Then sometime in maybe late 68,more likely 69 the Bronco passenger seat had a hook/footman loop to secure the seat back in place. So any 68/69 mustang/cougar driver seat will still double fold to the right, but will not have the bronco specific footman loop setup. Am I correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slim811, in an effort to help "get it straight", it can't be a 65,66 Cougar seat because the Cougar didn't come out till 1967.

Just trying to help.

Norm

NORM! Sorry couldn't help myself. Thanks for your help. Hopefully we can get to the bottom (seat frame) of the matter.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i was going to post this exact question for later model. tmi i believe makes a seat cover with new bolsters/pads for the side and back and the option to add a headrest. a friend used them on his 66 convert, will try to get a pic this weekend. he added the head rest. subscribed