• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Live 4R70W seminar series

badshoe

Loc.
Prince George
Hi, Ken Collins here, I invite you to my first live online meeting "Introduction to the Ford 4R70W family of transmissions". It will start at 8:00 EST on Wednesday March 9, 2016. I'll give a little history, show external features and go over tools needed to make repairs if time permits. I'll allow for questions and feedback during the meeting. I plan this to be a series, likely one a month but that could change depending on the response. Thanks, looking forward to it. Let me know if you’re interested so I can send an email invite from AnyMeeting. If you have any questions, send them to me.....Ken.
badshoe@comcast.net

Toddpole

Contributor
8:00 a.m. or p.m.? I presume it's in the evening being a work day.
This is a great idea and an awesome opportunity. Thanks for offering it.

o2bnmud

Will there be replays or any way to record? I work a swing shift from 3:00pm to 1:30am, so I won't be able to catch it live.

71corpus

I would have wanted to see this but with the hours I work there's no chance

Brewmover

Loc.
Tulsa
How did the seminar go? Did you record it? Would have liked to see this. Will you be doing another one?

OP
OP
B

badshoe

Loc.
Prince George
I will be rebroadcasting live, the introduction to 4R70W (part one) again this Sunday the 20th at 8:00 PM EST. I'll add some more detail tonight.....Ken.

OP
OP
B

badshoe

Loc.
Prince George
Hi, Ken here, sorry I'm a little late getting back to the forum. I want to invite you guys to the rebroadcast of my live introduction to the Ford 4R70W family of transmissions. If you would like to attend, please email me so I can let you know of any updates about the meeting. You can log in fifteen minute before the start which is Sunday March 20, 8:00 PM eastern standard time. When you log on, your mic. will be open allowing communications with me or others logged on. Understand that with a number people online with their microphones open might cause some audio feedback therefore, I may need to mutes everyone’s mic. at or before the startup. Attendees can unmute their mic by clicking on the mic icon however, I urge you to wait until one of the breaks during the meeting or you can send text messages on the lower left hand message box. Hope to hear from you, thanks…..Ken. badshoe@comcast.net

OP
OP
B

badshoe

Loc.
Prince George
At the present time, smart phones will not show the video (audio only after calling a special number) therefore use a desktop, laptop and I believe a tablet will also work. Hope to hear from you, thanks…..Ken. badshoe@comcast.net

OP
OP
B

badshoe

Loc.
Prince George
Hi all, I attempted to rebroadcast my introduction to the Ford 4R70W family of transmissions part one on Sunday the 20th. Only two people joined and both of them had some log on and audio problems. I’m looking into the causes of their concerns but in the meantime, I’m willing to try part one again this time using Skype. If I get feedback from you guys wanting to attend using Skype, I’ll do it. I want this live program to succeed but I can’t do it without your support. Let me know guys……Ken. badshoe@comcast.net

66horse

Bronco Guru
Ken,

I am interested. When is the next planned time?

Instead of skype, have you looked at any of the webinar programs?

Steve

OP
OP
B

badshoe

Loc.
Prince George
AnyMeeting that I'm using now is for webinars. They are offering me a beta version that might be a bit better but frankly, attendees with a PC based desktop or laptop should not have any problems. Smart phones and Apple based products seem to have the concerns. I may invite everyone interested in a short test session over the weekend and rebroadcast part one again next week. I'll keep you guys updated.

OP
OP
B

badshoe

Loc.
Prince George
Please join in a test meeting today, BadShoe Productions

Hi all, I’ve loaded a new beta version of anymeeting which should correct some of the technical concerns I had on previous sessions. All attendee’s will need to use Google’s Chrome browser which is a free download; https://www.google.com/chrome/ or may already be on your computer. If you have a Chrome book, you’re set. If the Explorer browser is used, you will likely not have audio. Other browsers will be compatible at a later date. I’ve set a test meeting for about 15 minutes Saturday, the 26th at 8:00 PM EST. You can copy/paste the link below or simply type the address in the address box at the top of your Chrome browser.
https://www.anymeeting.com/421-532-183
You should then get a display asking for a name and email and an audio notice (click “done” as default). You now should see inside my shop and a radio playing to test your audio. Your webcam should be enabled but you will be able to mutes and/or turn off my webcam by clicking the mic or camera icon at the top. You should see a chat box on the left where you can send and read any messages. Once I see a number of people have logged in, I’ll get in front of the camera, welcome everyone, make a few test and ask if there are any questions. Let me know if you would like to join the test meeting. Hope to see you later, thanks…..Ken.