• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

insane bronco prices

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
OJ bronco ,lady gaga bronco.

Attachments

• oj-simpspn-hire-new-lawyers-ford-bronco-chase.jpg
    oj-simpspn-hire-new-lawyers-ford-bronco-chase.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 0828-sub-lady-gaga-inf-4.jpg
    0828-sub-lady-gaga-inf-4.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 133
15 years ago they were more expensive than a similar quality Scout or Jeep but still within reason. Now it is just out of hand but if you look....most vehicles with any kind of fanbase are going up, even stuff from the 80's like 3-series bmw's, 911's, fox body mustangs, etc.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Have you bought a fully dressed new car lately and see the hit you take 5 years down the road. That kind of money opens up a whole lot of options. New cars these days are no longer fun just expensive. All the cars we found fun back in the day are going to go up in value. There just isnt enough of them that survive. There are allot of old Broncos compared to the age and numbers produced. With new body tubs and sheet metal available all you need to be ahead of the game is frame and titles. You going to see allot more Broncos running around. Their being pulled out the the weeds like wild fire now.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Back in 2007 I had the '74 pictured below for sale. Listed at $7,500 obo. Between this site and craigslist, I received over 100 messages about it and most of those were tire kickers. Had a couple of people stop by and ask about it because of the for sale sign on it. Of all those people, there was one serious buyer who wanted to low ball. He offered $6,000. I told him no thanks. Six months later without any other serious buyers (but a whole lot of other tire kickers) I called the guy back and asked if he'd be interested in it for $6,500. He said he'd go as high as $6,200 and I took it despite knowing the Bronco was worth more than that.

Today, this would be a $12,000+ Bronco. Wish I'd hung onto it for a few more years to get the higher price. Prices have gone crazy.

Attachments

• 74 Bronco.jpg
    74 Bronco.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 90

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
15 years ago they were more expensive than a similar quality Scout or Jeep but still within reason. Now it is just out of hand but if you look....most vehicles with any kind of fanbase are going up, even stuff from the 80's like 3-series bmw's, 911's, fox body mustangs, etc.

Yep very true. The prices for the first gen K5 blazers are expensive as heck now. The Datsun 240z have gone up quite a bit these past 2 years, Ford F100s and the round body C10s are becoming more popular today... funny thing is me and my buddy were talking about this how older cars seemed to have taken a trend in higher prices today than a year ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am toying with listing my 75 EFI Bronco for $25,000 non negotiable and see what happens. Its pretty even though its a 7 yr old paint job, soft top, efi and auto so any rich person be can drive it.

HB73

I picked up a 88 560sl last year. Prices are starting to shoot up on those as well.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

HB73

4k. Mechanically rock solid. Needs paint and interior.
4c5a5254fbc2649b1b63fa3fcd857239.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I saw on facebook yesterday someone was trying to sell their 96 I repeat 96 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer edition w/ 36k mi for 25 k..... dun lost their minds

kcc0521

Loc.
Falls Church
I just bought the one in my garage for 6K last month. It had been sitting for 10 years. It is pretty solid but it needs some love.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I would even dare to say that it hit sooner than 2015. They slowly started to climb in popularity, maybe, a decade before or further. In the later 90s and into the early 2000s, I was still able to find rolling projects for under $4000. Now, those projects are in the $10,000s.

That's true too.
In the '90s and about 2000 I bought driveable Broncos for $2000 to $2500

In January 2015 I bought a not quite driveable project, it was a little over $4000, it wasn't the only one for sale for $5000 to $6000 asking price.

Four months after I bought mine the low end on prices in the same area was about 2 1/2 times what I paid for it.

OP
OP
Big Slim

Big Slim

As owners we are at the winning end of this, no need to complain.

If I find another one I will keep it since it is harder and harder to find. I thought would easily be able to find and build another one when I sold mine. Makes me not want to sell any car that's decent and rare. Really need to buy a house to park them.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I looked for a few months for a 69-70 mustang. Fastbacks were out of my price range, coupes were more reasonable. Could find nothing in the $5-10k range here in CA that were not (like Bronco's) rust buckets and beat to death.

Everyone felt that their Mustang was worth a lot of $$$ and a great candidate for restoration. "You can buy all the parts for them now". Everyone watches the TV shows and auctions and sees the big dollar signs.

I ended up buying a 96 Saleen Mustang for $5,800. It needs some freshening
and cleaning, but it is all there.

I feel that I came out ahead... I know I am not driving a classic, but I would have dumped a lot of $$ into a 69 to make it handle/stop/go like the 96. Added bonus of ac and cruise control.

Glad I got into Broncos when I did... Wish I could find another reasonably priced one to build... But that is a pipe dream now.

Last edited: