• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer fuel pump depth

wsager

Can anyone tell me what the depth of the later style Explorer pump assembly is; like a 2001?

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
No return, 1999-2001 I believe...

#PFP A30065 Fuel Pump assembly from O'Reilly's

Attachments

• FOTE9CA.jpg
    FOTE9CA.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 79

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Does that returnless system get the pressure controlled by the computer? Varying the voltage to the pump perhaps, or just the cycle frequency in an on-and-off fashion?

What are you putting yours in wsager? Stock tank?

Thanks

Paul

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Does that returnless system get the pressure controlled by the computer? Varying the voltage to the pump perhaps, or just the cycle frequency in an on-and-off fashion?

Thanks

Paul

Pressure regulator is in the pump assembly... See the clear plastic dump tube?

OP
OP
W

wsager

Thanks

Paul

Can't answer your first question. I would guess your second possibility??? Maybe someone else will chime in.

I was considering using a stock tank. Getting an addition on the house, so may be some time before I get to tinkering. Would like to use a later 5.0 Explorer with reworked harness/reprogrammed computer. Maybe add 3-6" to the depth of the tank (saw in a post just the other day). May just buy a new tank. We'll see if I have more time or money.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, I saw the regulator right there front-and-center. But wondered if there was additional controlling of things beyond a single setting that must be that type of regulator.
So these engines run on whatever pre-set pressure it's rated for, whether under load or at idle? No varying done by the ECM?
Interesting.

Paul

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Yeah, I saw the regulator right there front-and-center. But wondered if there was additional controlling of things beyond a single setting that must be that type of regulator.
So these engines run on whatever pre-set pressure it's rated for, whether under load or at idle? No varying done by the ECM?
Interesting.

Paul

So if I remember my teachings from Garry - aka EFI Guy

60psi set pressure for 17lbs injectors which at that pressure equates to a 19lbs injector at 35psi...