• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fitech Fuel Pump Bosh 69100

Eoth

Bronco Guru
On a recommendation from this site I decided to try out the Bosh 69100 fuel pump to replace my noisy Aeroflow that came with the installation kit. I go to plumb it in and noticed that the fittings are not for 3/8 but rather 5/16. I am hoping someone who is currently using this pump for Fitech could chime in..
Thanks!

Cortez

Bronco Guru
believe this is the one I used for the Bosch 69100 pump. It’s on the high pressure side...on the other side that draws from the tank I just used hose and clamp.

Attachments

• B6F36B0F-48F2-428C-8EA0-55971B29A775.jpg
    B6F36B0F-48F2-428C-8EA0-55971B29A775.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 72
OP
OP
Eoth

Eoth

Bronco Guru
So you are feeding a 351 with that pump and everything is good? I'm just getting hung up on all the Fitech instructions on how important 3/8 lines are.

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Yep no issues, I go from that -6 directly into -8 AN fitting and use the fitech fuel lines. The pump is 255 lph and oh so quiet

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Depends on the engine. I'm sure FiTech is erring to the high side, since they don't know whether their unit is going on a 200hp stocker, or a 600hp fire-breather. A casual street vehicle, or a hard-charging race car.
With the latter, a 3/8" line would be mandatory. For those engines under 350-400hp or who drive more sedately however (and don't own a supercharger!), 5/16" probably gets the job done just fine.

I've always felt that if you can make it work, use 3/8. But if not, 5/16 would do the job for most of us.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh, and I suppose horsepower ratings aside, when you have engines in vehicles that are otherwise lucky to get 10mpg on a good day, if you were pushing it hard for an extended period of time you might run a smaller feed line to near it's capacity.
You definitely want a little headroom in the fuel delivery department, but all that just means that you need to look at your own specific conditions and use that info more than either what others are using or the manufacturer is recommending.

So what engine and what performance level are you going to be running Eoth?
And what overall vehicle setup and driving conditions?
You building a lifted, big-tired monster for mud-bogging? Or a more typical street-mellow driver?

Or somewhere in-between?

Paul

OP
OP
Eoth

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Its a bone stock 2000 explorer 5.0 that was converted to carb and then to Fitech. Driving includes ice cream with the kids to "blue" and occasionally "black" trails.

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
FiTech runs at 58psi and the system you are using probably has four 60lb injectors (4 x 60 = 240). Stock SEFI runs at 39psi and has eight 19 lb injectors (8 x 19 = 152). Without even accounting for the pressure difference, the FiTech system is capable of delivering more fuel than stock and why they are asking for 3/8" lines to ensure they can support the top end of their HP rating.

That being said, with a 5.0L that is relatively stock, you don't need very much fuel and 5/16" would be just fine... but 3/8" won't hurt.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep. I would just go with it since you hate your old pump and were hoping to try this one that others have had good luck with.
If it's just as noisy, or ever leaves you wanting for more fuel, you can change it out then. But I doubt that you'll ever see the need for more flow.

Paul

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I'm running this whisper quiet factory replacement pump on my 400+ HP 351W swap with a FiTech 600PA with zero issues. Same pump is going on 5 years - even clogged a few fuel filters from sand that didn't seem to phase it.

Precise 402-P2000 - $40

I am running 3/8 line to and from my fuel cell, I have rubber hose just EFI clamped directly to the pump. I've run this pump on a stock 5.0, stock 351w and now my modified 351w. I would say it is easily quieter than my Derale transmission cooler fan.

OP
OP
Eoth

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Wow, thanks guys! That's some great information!
I changed my fuel sending unit and increased my fuel hose feeding the Aeroflow fuel pump from 5/16 to 3/8 and it made a huge improvement. The noise went from "you-got-to-be-kidding-me" to "that's-annoying".... Trying a different location while the adapter fitting for the Bosh is in shipment. Just trying to figure out which pump will be the "spare"...

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If I remember, yours is mounted to the frame rail. Correct?
Reason I'm bringing it up is because when mounted to the body they can be much noisier not only because of a potentially more direct path through the metal to your ear drums, but also because the sheet metal will often flex and vibrate as well, increasing the harmonics and all that fun stuff.

But mounted to the frame is pretty stout and the best place in my opinion. I think yours is fairly close to a body mount, so maybe you're feeling some extra through a poly mount perhaps?
No matter all that though, if there's a way to make it more isolated from the fame, or wrap it in something it might quiet it down. Heck, stick it in an insulated box!
Ok so that's overboard and would be better to just get a quieter pump. Just thinking of what could be done to quiet them down in addition to what you've already done.

Good luck.

Paul

ransil

Bronco Guru
Reason I'm bringing it up is because when mounted to the body they can be much noisier not only because of a potentially more direct path through the metal to your ear drums, but also because the sheet metal will often flex and vibrate as well, increasing the harmonics and all that fun stuff.

But mounted to the frame is pretty stout and the best place in my opinion. I think yours is fairly close to a body mount, so maybe you're feeling some extra through a poly mount perhaps?
No matter all that though, if there's a way to make it more isolated from the fame, or wrap it in something it might quiet it down. Heck, stick it in an insulated box!
Ok so that's overboard and would be better to just get a quieter pump. Just thinking of what could be done to quiet them down in addition to what you've already done.

Good luck.

Paul

I used factory brackey with the foam in it, noise was OK until I quited down my exhaust then it got real noisy.
changed to intank pump and now is quiet.

OP
OP
Eoth

Eoth

Bronco Guru

Good luck.

Paul

We are on the same page... Earlier I had made a bracket for my low pressure fuel pump that was basically dead center of my bed (just ahead of the rear diff). I thought I could reuse it for this high pressure pump. With all the tinkering around I got it quiet enough that you cannot hear it outside of the Bronco. However... inside, I believe that I just turned the floor into a primitive speaker. If I can tune the fuel pump to the same frequency as my amp, I'm pretty sure that I can create a whole new sonic experience.
So....... Now I have it mounted on the inside of the rear drivers side frame (with a decent amount of rubber to isolate vibration). I cant imagine being able to get the pump any closer to the tank or any lower than it is now....
I just hooked up everything last night so if it ever stops raining around here I'll take it for a spin and see what happens.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Keep in mind that if you want to use AN/JIC type hose fittings that 5/16" (actually -5) fittings may as well be Unicorns. Whereas -6 (3/8") AN/JIC are super easy to find and have huge variety.