• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roof rack for BC soft top

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
As some of you know the BC Broncos Soft Top was originally designed to support a roof rack and basket. Well the long awaited roof rack is here with options for a long and short basket.

We designed this new system to mount right to the soft top frame so you can carry long stuff on your Bronco top like lumber, Kayaks, surf boards, snow boards or a canoe. This will also give you a place to mount other mounts like bike racks and the like, we have so far put over 300 Lbs in the smaller basket without any issue.
We designed 2 versions of a roof basket a 48" (over rear) or 70" (front to rear). Both are pre-made to mount a Rigid LED light bar on the front or rear and spot lights all the way around.
We used round tubing on all four sides of the rack so you have many options like the Fourtreks’ high lift mount and dual shovel/ax mount or the ARB awning mounts. We are also testing the ARB tent as an additional option. Easy 4 Bolt breakdown convent for storage.

Made in the USA
Now available at BC Broncos

Email jason@bcbroncos.com if you want a copy of the press release and photos.

Attachments

• roof rack p side 1k.jpg
    roof rack p side 1k.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 743
  • awning open 1k.jpg
    awning open 1k.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 593
  • awning closed 1k.jpg
    awning closed 1k.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 745
  • lb on rack 1k.jpg
    lb on rack 1k.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 520
  • long rack and light 1k.jpg
    long rack and light 1k.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 678
  • canoe on soft top 1k.jpg
    canoe on soft top 1k.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 711
  • rack mount screws 1k.jpg
    rack mount screws 1k.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 590
  • rack holes 1k.jpg
    rack holes 1k.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 600
  • lights on RR 1k.jpg
    lights on RR 1k.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 499
  • awning mount side 1k.jpg
    awning mount side 1k.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 430
  • awning from top 1k.jpg
    awning from top 1k.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 503
  • awning open inside 1k.jpg
    awning open inside 1k.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 547

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Oh yea.....that's the stuff right there.

I used to carry a canoe on the surf racks on my hard top. I used to say, "I can't run a soft top....where would I put the canoe?"

Your top is bad ass Jason.

drock

That's a pretty slick set up. Pricing? What else is in store for your soft top? A headliner? Half cab option?

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
That's a pretty slick set up. Pricing? What else is in store for your soft top? A headliner? Half cab option?

Chuck has said that there is an insulated headliner, but I have looked and it is not on their website.

bchesley

Here is a photo that I found on an old thread that I saved. I want one for my top. I am hoping it will quiet it down a bit and help as an insulator in winter and summer.

Attachments

• headliner-top-side.jpg
    headliner-top-side.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 349
OP
OP
Cactus killer

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
I've checked out the website too and couldn't find the roof rack either.
We are still testing the headliner we are trying 2 versions and making sure the guy making them will be able to reproduce them everytime once we choose the design we like best. The rack should be up this week.

OP
OP
Cactus killer

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
Here are a few of the options we offer thanks to luke at Fourtrex great stuff so versatile.

Attachments

• rack high lift mount from top 1jk.jpg
    rack high lift mount from top 1jk.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 338
  • roof rack 1 bar only with ax shovle high lift1k.jpg
    roof rack 1 bar only with ax shovle high lift1k.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 410
  • roof rack in 1 bar only with ax shovle high lift1k.jpg
    roof rack in 1 bar only with ax shovle high lift1k.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 356
OP
OP
Cactus killer

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
Ok Guys we have some pricing.

The Roof Rack (66-51100) only is $110 raw. The Roof Rack is two bars mounted to the soft top allowing you to carry surf boards, canoes, kayaks, 2x4's and other long stuff or a way to mount an ARB tent, the long or the short basket.

The short basket (66-51111) is 4' long and mounts to our Roof Rack and is $299 raw.

The long basket (66-51121) is about 75" long and mounts to our Roof Rack and is $349 raw.

This new picture shows the ARB awning mounted only to the Roof Rack without using the basket.

Attachments

• awning on roof rack 1k.jpg
    awning on roof rack 1k.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 296

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good stuff Jason. Bump for ya. Hadn't seen this before.

Great product

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Jason, I see that you have to make a hole in the soft top for the fasteners. Is there any reinforcement to prevent the material from ripping in the future/without the bars in place. I really like it but the holes in the canvas worry me.
BI

lonesomecur

Obviously im not Jason but he explained to me that I should burn the holes with sodiering gun and it will melt canvas like melting ends of a rope to prevent unraveling

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
how's roof rack working out for those that picked it up?

COSCAG00

I would buy a headliner as well if made.

I have the roof rack but haven't installed it yet.

Idahorocks

Loc.
Spring, Texas
Can someone tell me how tall the top and roof rack is measured from the top of the bed or tailgate? I am thinking of buying one but I need to have clearance to park in the garage.