• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

D60 Full Float Rear Axle Flanges!

mavereq

Bronco Guru
now i have to go measure what the tubes on my 79 full width 9" is

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
So you would tap them in before you bolt on the spindle. Is it a standard part number on the seal, or something your having made?

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
I edited what I originally posted. You can use the same front axle seals. If you'd like, give us a call and we can run you through it & get you going!

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I might have a project for them down the road. I figured it would enlighten guys on here as well as to how it all goes together.

Just received your bushings today. I use a bunch of your tabs, bushings and DOM sleeves for link and crossmember mounts. I love your fast turn around on shipping...less than 72 hrs. Keep up the good work!

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Here's a pic of my latest use of the bushings and DOM sleeves. Great parts that make life easy!

ydypajyp.jpg

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Just ordered a set to run on my Ruff stuff 9" housing, but planned on using Ford spindles since I run a Ford D60 front end. I don't think here was any mention of the needed spacers on your website? Having been out for three years now, are the spacers part of the ring package (per your original post above)?

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
I just corrected the original post. I was half asleep writing it. What I had in my mind was the way the fronts went together but these are only for the rear. It was the spacing for the caliper bracket when working with front hubs, the Chevy bracket is within the stack and the Ford is on the outside. On the rear you would use a Weldon bracket and it wouldn't matter a bit.

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
Why would one want to put Dana60 front spindles on the rear axle?

What am I missing?

Are you building 4 wheel steering setups?

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
To do a light weight rearend that has good clearance with 8 lug and full float. The 14 bolt, D60/70 and sterlings all hang down further and at substantially heavier.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
If you buy Blackbird's 5x5.5 spindle kit you can keep 5 lug. That is the direction I am going.

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
Can you post a picture of all the parts laid out on a table showing all that is needed and how it goes together?
I am not grasping it in my head yet.