• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I just got a U13 (I think)

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
New to this community and I just pulled the trigger on a 66 Roadster. I am told it is a U13.
I'm wondering how many locations there might be on the vehicle for the vin ?
I think i'm gonna have some fun with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkgaYHLbxwQ

Congrats on your purchase! Looks like a fun truck. You'll find the VIN on the data plate on the inner kick panel near your left foot. You should also find the same VIN on top of the passenger's side frame rail behind the passenger's side front shock absorber. It may take a little bit to find it - as it may be further back on the frame.

Todd Z.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It looks like you are having fun!.. and it sure looks like a Roadster. The vin tag is on the driver's side kick panel and on the right side frame rail on top just in front of the starter area. Sometimes the vin is also on the right side frame rail on top about the rear spring area, but can't be seen unless the body is removed.

Keep having fun with it!!

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
73053c204fd06d88d58ffba69dc0d94a.jpg

Welcome aboard and congratulations on a very nice looking truck.Here is a picture of my bare frame when I did my Roadster frame off. If you look on the passenger side frame rail you will see highlighted in blue where I found the Vin number.

U13 or not...... very nice rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Eoth

Bronco Guru
Looks like a nice drive around Naples now that all the Snow Birds have gone North!

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
RickGee - Looks like a very nice Bronco. Looks like it has the original 66 parts too.

Where are you located?

OP
OP
RickGee

RickGee

Loc.
Naples
Thx for All the info. I live in NJ and FL (snowbird). I flew down to TX last month and had a truck meet me at the sellers house. The Bronco looked good, started right up and sounded good.....so I bought it and put it on a truck to Naples. I’m not confident that it’s 100% U13, but it is a very nice restoration. I drove it a couple days with no problems. I left it in my garage, had to get back to NJ. I’ll be digging into it more when I go back in Oct. for the winter. I’m sure I’ll have lots of questions