• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best width for beadlocks wheels?

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’ve got a set of weld-on beadlocks but I don’t have a set of 10” wheels to put them on. Then I get to thinking, maybe 10 is too wide to add BL to anyway. Thinking about buying a set of the cheap bart 15x10s from summit, but looking for y’all’s thoughts. I have a set of 15x8 chromes that I could use...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
The increased bead retention of an 8" wheel over a 10" wheel becomes sort of irrelevant since you are going to a bead lock.

OP
OP
Boss Hugg

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry. Meant to add 12.50 tire width.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
With a 12.5" tire, I would be looking at an 8-9 inch wheel anyway for off-roading. A little bulge is a good thing, and it will keep your beadlock bolts off the rocks a bit more.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Both sets I have are 10”,
Allied set that I bought new and a set of BART that were used

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I'd do the 8's and never look back. I've had 8,9 and10's. Currently running 8's and very happy. They will be 8-1/2 once you weld on the rings.

OP
OP
Boss Hugg

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'd do the 8's and never look back. I've had 8,9 and10's. Currently running 8's and very happy. They will be 8-1/2 once you weld on the rings.

Made a deal for some 8s tonight. That’s what I’m gonna do. Chrome inside and painted rings.

Thanks y’all.

OP
OP
Boss Hugg

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Next question. How well does powder coat work on the outer rings? Is it worth my time to do it?

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Next question. How well does powder coat work on the outer rings? Is it worth my time to do it?

Really depends on how bad you beat them on the rocks. The new set I bought 10 years ago are powdercoated but they need redoing bad, the rusty spots get rubbed shiny again in Hot Springs every year..

OP
OP
Boss Hugg

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Really depends on how bad you beat them on the rocks. The new set I bought 10 years ago are powdercoated but they need redoing bad, the rusty spots get rubbed shiny again in Hot Springs every year..

I got them built yesterday. Shot some rattle can primer to them. Probably just gonna rattle can but not sure whether I’ll do the white or the blue to match the truck. Gonna play with it today and see which way I wanna go.

I was gonna post a pic, but I can’t find the ones I took yesterday. Same thing happened last week with pics of the shock hoops I need to sell.