• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Carpet kits

fosgate150

JBG carpet kit

I went with the full JBG carpet kit and hold downs. It has to be trimmed of course but the fit was pretty well correct. The front has the heavy jute padding also.

Attachments

• IMG_0214.jpg
    IMG_0214.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 198

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
If you are looking for molded carpet, I believe ACC is the only company that still molds it. I ordered mine thru Melissa at BroncoHut. It shipped direct from ACC. I had it in two days at a much better price than ordering direct from ACC. Looks exactly like what fosgate150 has.

There are two grades. I got the Essex which is the denser pile. I have used their molded loop carpet in other vehicles. It’s also a great fit.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
TBP is the only vendor that sells a one-piece carpet kit. You can still put the middle hold down strip in but its not holding the front and rear carpet sections down.
I believe they even have an upgraded version of heavier carpet.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
ACC.
They will custom cut their molded carpets to your request. I let the firewall run long. I hate seeing the end of the carpet up the firewall.
Some of our vendors sell from ACC, but if you want the huge selection and custom cuts, you'll need to go to the source.

pipeline010

I love that JBG kit, super pretty for the interior.

It may be no good for that kit since it's so well made and fitted, but I'd like to attempt to install that (or similar) but cut it into segments and use an adhesive on snaps on the floor and the bottom of rug segments to hold it in place.

Certainly wouldn't look quite as nice, but more for easy summertime (ie top off) removal. A single flash rain with the top off and that purty floor is ruined.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just installed the ACC kit. Went in pretty well but there are some wrinkles that haven't laid flat yet. The quality of the carpet is very good. If you can, order through a vendor, much less expensive as noted above. I confirmed this with the rep from ACC.

Tony Mele

I went with Tom's one-piece heavy duty kit. Very happy with it - but I have no comparison to other kits. I did find that it helped to unpack the folded carpet and lay it out in the sun for a bit to let it unfold and warm up. Made my install a bit easier.

sk1nw4lk3r

I just installed TBP's one piece carpet kit. I liked the fit.

Pro tip; when cutting any holes, for brackets, seat belts, shifters, etc, a hole punch, old socket, or old phillips head screwdriver, and a propane torch, are your friend.

If there is a hole you need, get an old socket in the hole size you need, put it on a long extension, and heat it with the torch. Poke it through where you need the hole. Voila! No fraying edges, clean hole!

If you don't have any old sockets laying around that you want to torch, a pick, punch, or phillips head screwdriver serves the same purpose when heated.

keesyj

What did you all do for lining under the carpet? I'm planning on dynamat already but don't know if I should also go for an insulation kit as well.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I put down a Dynamat type deadener and then a layer of 1/4 inch foiled backed padding. I got it in a big roll from J.C. Whitney...
f9583c34a6c9309c88fb1de57cc4b842.jpg

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I used Noico deadening. It's like Dynamat extreme, but 15% thicker and a LOT less expensive. It's the same Butyl as Dynamat (other knock-offs use tar or asphalt) but some people claim the aluminum isn't as thick. I don't have a problem with that since it will have heat insulation above it and how much difference is a couple of microns of aluminum? I laid it out in the sun before I installed it and it went in no problems. Pics when I get back home.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00URUIKAK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm topping it off with their heat insulation which is like Dynaliner - closed cell PE foam. Again, a lot less expensive, although when I went to copy the link, Amazon is out of it at the moment.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074V7Z26...01&pf_rd_i=noico+heat&hsa_cr_id=3200120240901

The savings paid for my Tom's carpet kit.