• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Found an EB Owner...around the corner!!

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Was out last night cruising on my '74 Schwinn Heavy Duti/Manta-Ray wannabe bike and I had to do a double take :eek: was that what I think it was? I've lived in the Dayton area for almost 7 years now and never seen another EB, except for the 2 owned by tpatton75 (thanks again for the hub Tom).

Guy was out back with his kids, so I rolled up and we talked for a bit, said he's a member here, name was Boone but I didn't ask username. It's a 73 with a fiberglass tub. Crazy, I only got one pic...

Attachments

• BooneBronco.jpg
    BooneBronco.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 321

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Crazy how one of these can be so close & you never know it's there.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
All the ones I use to know where they were at around here have been put away in sheds and garages. Owners sick and tired of people stopping and asking "will you sell".:(

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Someone had one for sale here in Jacksonville locally. YAY!
Ended up being a few streets over! OMG!
We talked on the phone and he mentioned another one his family has. Immediately I sent him a few shots of my previous ones and asked if he recognized them. YUP!
Ended up being the youngest brother of a guy who used to help me wrench on mine and he'd stopped in a few times. We never really talked/interacted because I'm 11 years older than him.
He's owned a few in the mean time, so at least I know of another pair of hands that can help on some projects later!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nice find.. never know what you might see out ther eon the road..

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There are at least four members with the username starting with "boone" so there might be a chance he's one of them. None list a location in their sig, or have not ever posted though.
Could be something else entirely of course, or might even be a name ending in boone, but it's not that important. Just nice to know you've got something in common with a neighbor that you didn't know before.

Paul

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Says he's been 'looking' for years but has only made a post or two which may equal none I don't know, like u said not important. Looks like he has a good deal of work ahead I'd be glad to help him, better now than later since my EB is elsewhere!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
There are at least four members with the username starting with "boone" so there might be a chance he's one of them. None list a location in their sig, or have not ever posted though.
Could be something else entirely of course, or might even be a name ending in boone, but it's not that important. Just nice to know you've got something in common with a neighbor that you didn't know before.

Paul

interesting fact there.. :_)

JaBr73

Loc.
Dayton, Oh
Hey Jeff! Nice meeting you...Ya been off/on the forums for a few years, more soaking up knowledge and making good use of the search bar, ha. Not sure how i missed your post.

Time and money isn't on my side, but it was fun pulling it out to give it a good washing, the kids like climbing up all over it.

I try to pick 1 big project a year to finish on it before pulling it back out for storage, garage space is a premium. I think i collected everything i need for the hydroboost upgrade this year;D...i should prob quit trying to upgrade and start making it street legal, ha..

Anyways, I see your Tonka Build post, looking good.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey, welcome to the light! Nice to pull it out for a good cleaning and re-acquanting. And a Bronco is better than a Jungle Gym to kits! They love that stuff.
And will love it even more when you get it legal for them to drive it to high-school too.;D

Sounds like time for a PFP (parts finding party) and BBQ at your house.;) You never know how many Bronco friends you really have until you throw a BBQ!
Wrench-n-Roasts are for making good memories. Of course, not for getting much done, but still fun.

See how it goes around here? You pop in and already someone is inviting strangers to your house.%)

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hey Jeff! Nice meeting you...Ya been off/on the forums for a few years, more soaking up knowledge and making good use of the search bar, ha. Not sure how i missed your post.

all the other junk in the way right LOL

glad y'all put names to the faces :) user names that is

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Hey Boone, really glad you found this thread, thanks for the shout out.

Of course you're more than welcome to stop by and see the Tonko build in person anytime, my (garage) door's always open;D I'm on Greensboro Drive, seriously if the garage door is open I'm probably home.

Ive met only one other member around here, he's in Waynesville, user name is tpatton75 I believe, maybe the three of us can get together soon.

You definitely need to focus on getting your Bronco road worthy before anything else!! What drive train do you have I didn't even look?

Have a good one,
Jeff

JaBr73

Loc.
Dayton, Oh
Hey thanks DirtDonk.

@sprdv1, ha ya way too many projects

@Jeff ya, i've seen your bronco sitting out front while out riding bikes with the kids, first saw it at Oak Grove during soccer season, kids actually saw it first.

I'll be sure to say hey, when i see you out and about.

oh, its got the stock C4 auto trans

vnetwork

I know I'm resurrecting the dead with this post but wanted to let you know I'm also in Dayton and have a bronco. Actually used to live in Centerville, moved to Beavercreek as I work on the base. I go to the little car show by the old Lofinos maybe Ill see you some time. Justin

OP
OP
1strodeo

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
How about that!? I did see a U14 leaving the gate one day last summer, blue/green I think (I’m color blind as a dog) from what I could tell it looked like a brand new one! Was that yours? Mine should be ready for a show or three this Spring/Summer. I work on base too, in the hospital -Jeff