• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hello TEXAS!!! Here we come

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Wow that’s big news, congrats! We’re gonna miss you on our local runs. Our SoCal Broncos group is getting smaller and smaller. Maybe I’ll see you at the LEBC spring Roundup this year?

Mark

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry to hitchhike on your news but I'm considering interviewing for a position near San Bernadino (about an hour from LA?) I have a 75 and wondering hiw hard is it getting them registered there?

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Sorry to hitchhike on your news but I'm considering interviewing for a position near San Bernadino (about an hour from LA?) I have a 75 and wondering hiw hard is it getting them registered there?

Sorry to jump in...

Requires a Vin verification form filled out by Hwy Patrol, Local PD, or DMV office.
Pre 76 so it will not require Bi-annual smog tests. (A good thing)
Be prepared for higher fees for registration than you are use to...

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
You’ll need state inspection for title transfer. Once reg. As antique no future inspections are required. I’m not sure on the classic car reg. It may require a annual safety inspection.
https://www.dmv.org/tx-texas/special-license-plates.php

?? I've never needed a state inspection for title transfer when registering for antique plates. Maybe it's the county I live in? Or recent change? I have not registered an out of state vehicle for several years but I have done a few recent in-state title transfers. Again this applies to antique plates - regular plates will require a safety inspection prior to title transfer. One of my Broncos has regular plates and needs annual safety inspections like my newer vehicles - this one is a driver and I don't want the restrictions on it that come with antique plates.

Interesting factoid: With antique registration you only get a rear license plate! No need for a front plate.

Agree that "Classic" registration and plates do require an annual safety inspection.

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What are the restrictions that apply to a antique registration?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
What are the restrictions that apply to a antique registration?

You are only allowed to drive to car events. parades and for maintenance. I thought there was a mileage restriction too but I couldn't verify that. Cost is $50 for 5 years.

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You are only allowed to drive to car events. parades and for maintenance. I thought there was a mileage restriction too but I couldn't verify that. Cost is $50 for 5 years.

Maybe I'll just stay in Texas.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
...Pardon Me if several have already answered this .
Buy I have Antique Plates or Classic tags . on my Bronco .. They are good for 5 years. So you have the have it inspected & Insured at all times.
Now as I recall you just have to have it inspected once every 5 years. But it has to pass at all times. I'd hate for them to pull me over. My Blinkers have gone south again.& Noe E/Brake.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
...Pardon Me if several have already answered this .
Buy I have Antique Plates or Classic tags . on my Bronco .. They are good for 5 years. So you have the have it inspected & Insured at all times.
Now as I recall you just have to have it inspected once every 5 years. But it has to pass at all times. I'd hate for them to pull me over. My Blinkers have gone south again.& Noe E/Brake.

No inspection on Antique plates. Annual inspection on Classic plates.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
My wife has family in Texas and even though it's not the place for me, I will say this...some of thee most friendliest people I ever met where in Texas.

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"I will say this...some of thee most friendliest people I ever met where in Texas."

…. not to mention, some of the nicest Broncos!

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
"I will say this...some of thee most friendliest people I ever met where in Texas."

…. not to mention, some of the nicest Broncos!

Ehh...agree to disagree. California is pretty top notch with their EB quality, stylin' and profilin'.

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Interesting, Broncochild and Pa Pitt. Hey, with those handles, you could be father and son! But I digress..…. Anywho, I understand, and point to the operative "some" in my post. One reason is that I bought the LEBC calendar and the Bronc-cake is hot, Hot, HOT! I'm 'specially diggin' on the crawlers. In fairness, I also have been lurking around the NorCal Bronco site and there is a whole lot of spiffy and tech savvy goin' on there also. Bottom line is I sure like bein' here and glad we're not all alike. And that our Broncos aren't either!

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I envy your move to Texas! Hopefully in about 2 years I will be living in the Texas Hill Country. Down the road we may meet in a future LEBC event.