• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

motor mounts (resto guys)

THEBONE

So I'm trying to do an original restoration on a 1977 Bronco Ranger. I pulled the engine to clean things up. After some cleaning I discovered the motor mounts were yellow. I don't know if the engine has been out before but I assume it has. Does anybody know if this(yellow) would be stock? See pics
Thanks, Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0974.jpg
    IMG_0974.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0975.jpg
    IMG_0975.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 82

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have restored many Broncos and five 77s so far. I have never seen any yellow motor mounts before.

I will assume the motor has been pulled before, at least to change the motor mounts with bad bushings.

Hotrodjohn

both my 75s had yellow mounts like that and I do believe they are original to both. They also both had a heat shield on drivers side covering the mount

Hotrodjohn

motor mount

pic motor mount. click and zoom

Attachments

• IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 126

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Those mounts are great. But, they raise the engine up 1/2-3/4". It might be really tight hood clearance with a stock hood.

Interesting with the Yellow motor mounts. I have yet to see them...??

rmk57

Ford may have had a few different suppliers of parts like motor mounts so yellow is probably one suppliers choice of color.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That I bet.
My '71 had the Yellow mounts as well. Known to be original.
In my memory, I did not remember them being yellow throughout, but simply had some yellow on the surface that was not covering the entire body of the mount.
But since I had rattle-can painted most of the frame long before I removed the mounts just to clean things up, maybe they looked partially black for that reason.

Never bothered to cut into the rubber to see if it was indeed molded through and through, but if you guys say yours are then mine probably were too.

Paul

KeithKinPhx

Those motor mounts from graveyard may solve another problem for those who did a body lift and the fan is not lining up with the shroud. A 1/2" or so lift might be a solution.

My 68 mounts were black when I bought it in 92. PO may have changed but it only had 30k on it at the time so I doubt it.